Unformat the USB drive fast and safe!
Here you will find out:
- what the formatting means to the disk
- how to unformat USB drive
- how DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
About USB drive formatting
Formatting a USB drive is the standard procedure when the USB drive stops working or reappears once or when you just want to clear it.
Many people still think formatting is the death of data. To some extent, they are right; all information becomes inaccessible for use and invisible. But, for some time, the data is still stored on a USB flash drive, until you write something to the USB flash drive.
Then the previously formatted information will certainly be deleted permanently, and no method to restore it will help you.
How to unformat a USB drive
DiskInternals Partition Recovery is the best software for recovering different types of data after unformatting a USB drive.
You can have a drive of almost any size since there is no limit on the application (up to 1 TB). Also, there are a few excellent assistance, which can be selected depending on your file system, (Partition, NTFS or FAT Recovery Wizards). You can immediately download the free version of the application; it is almost identical to the paid version (the exception is only in the data export function). And the free Preview function helps see if your files can be recovered.
After the USB drive is unformatted, keep the use of that drive to a minimum; and it is best not to use it before recovering information, or it will be overwritten.
A step-by-step guide to unformatting a USB drive
In order to start working with the application, download it to your device, and do not forget to connect a USB drive. After that, you will immediately see the Recovery Wizard window on the screen; select the desired one and begin the recovery.
- 1. Click the desired USB drive (it will be scanned).
- 2. Indicate what file system or file formats you need to find. The search for file formats can be done after scanning if you wish.
- 3. Click on the Next button and wait for the scanning process to finish.
- 4. After that, a window appears with the files found (indicated by a red cross). Use the Preview (right mouse button).
- 5. Buy a license to complete the process and save the recovered data to any other storage medium.
Tips to avoid data loss
The most reliable way to not get into trouble is to have a backup of at least the important files. But few people do this, so keep in mind a few more tips (although they are simple, using them you can greatly simplify your life).
- Always keep the system up to date; this applies to drivers, the OS, anti-virus software, etc.
- Take care of the USB drive (avoid moisture, shock, improper disconnection from the system, etc.).
- Check your drive for viruses at least once a month (and make sure that the antivirus program is of high quality).
This is the minimum that you should do so that, in the future, you do not have to unformat a USB drive. In this way, it will serve you and much more.