How to fix a 0xe0000100 error code
Here you will find out:
- what a 0xe0000100 error code is
- how to fix it
- how DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
If you get a 0xe0000100 error code
Hard disk partitions are liable to be corrupted due to one issue or another, and when this happens, it may affect your computer’s performance, as well as lead to errors such as the 0xe0000100 error. This Windows error code signifies that a Windows installation couldn’t be completed. Usually, this error message comes up when you try to install an update. If you get this error message, below are some ways to fix it.
Method 1: Turn off some services (Firewall and Antivirus)
Sometimes, this error is caused by Windows security settings. A review of your firewall and antivirus settings may help to fix the 0xe0000100 error.
How to turn off Windows Firewall
- Right-click on the Start icon and select “Control Panel”.
- Go to “System and Security”
- Click on “Windows Firewall”
- On the right pane, click on "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off"
- Turn off the Firewall settings.
You can also turn off Windows Defender from the Settings:
- Open Windows Settings (Windows key + I).
- Select “Updates and Security”.
- Go to “Windows Defender”.
- Turn off the settings.
How to turn off your Antivirus
Right-click on the antivirus icon on Windows taskbar and turn it off.
Method 2: Use System File Checker
If the method above could not fix the 0xe0000100 error message, then you should run an SFC scan.
- Right-click on the Start menu icon and choose “Command Prompt (Admin)”
- Write the following command into the terminal: “SFC /scannow”
- This will trigger a scanning process; it usually takes a while, so you have to wait.
When the scan finishes running, you can go back to installing the update file and check if the error has been fixed.
If the SFC scan does not work, try the command "chkdsk C: /f” (without quotes and remember to replace “c” with your hard drive letter).
Method 3: Install the update from a bootable drive
Another way to install the update without getting the 0xe0000100 error message is by using bootable/installation media. This is typically for performing a clean installation, which will delete everything that’s saved on your hard drive.
To avoid a fatal loss of data, pull out the hard drive from the computer, connect it to another PC, and install DiskInternals Partition Recovery to create a disk image. The disk image will serve as a copy for all the files on your hard drive, and you can easily mount it on your computer after the clean installation, and all your files will be brought back.
DiskInternals Partition Recovery is a professional data recovery solution. If you’ve lost any important file from your hard disk, DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you get back the lost/deleted file in three simple steps. It is an advanced Windows utility with a couple of great features for saving files and recovering lost data.