How to fix 0xc0000022 application error
Here you will find out:
- when you can get application error 0xc0000022
- how to fix this error
- how DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
If you get application error 0xc0000022
Error 0xC0000022 signifies that a Windows activation process has stopped and did not run successfully. It is caused when Windows is unable to access some important files to complete an activation process. Irrespective of your Windows version, you may end up experiencing this issue, so learn these troubleshooting methods to fix “system restore error 0xc0000022.”
Method 1: Check for permission configurations
The first thing to do is to check Windows permissions. If Windows is not permitted to access some critical files, it will be unable to carry out the most vital actions to boost your PC’s performance.
- Right-click on the program that prompted the error message and click “Properties”.
- Toggle to the Security tab and click “Edit”.
- Here, you can change the permissions settings; afterward, rerun the initial process and see if the error is fixed.
Note: Set all the permissions to “Allow” by ticking the checkboxes under each option. Repeat this process for any other app that shows the error 0xc0000022 message.
Method 2: Enable DirectPlay components
If the error message popped up when attempting to open a gaming app, then you should consider enabling DirectPlay. This doesn't just work for gaming programs, but for all programs that show you the 0xc0000022 error message.
- Open the Run box (Windows key + R).
- Enter “appwiz.cpl” and press the Enter key.
- On the left pane, click "Turn Windows Features On or Off".
- Wait for some time for the list to load.
- Now look for "Legacy Components" and click the checkbox beside it to activate.
- Click “OK” to save.
Reboot the computer after the changes have been successfully saved.
Method 3: Run System File Checker to scan corrupted system files
An SFC scan can check and fix corrupted files on your computer, thereby fixing the 0xc0000022 error. This method works for most other Windows 10 issues. Here is how to perform an SFC scan:
- Open Command Prompt as admin: right-click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”
- Type “SFC /scannow” inside the terminal and press Enter to run the command.
- Wait for the scanning process to finish, then close Command Prompt and try to run the application again.
However, if the SFC scan fails to fix the corrupted files on your PC, DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you recover your deleted system files, which may fix the problem you’re facing. DiskInternals Partition Recovery is an advanced data recovery tool that supports all Windows file systems, and has a super-intuitive user interface. This software can recover many types of files. Plus, it runs faster than most other data recovery programs.
DiskInternals Partition Recovery is free to download and also easy to use. In three simple steps, you can recover all lost files from your hard drive using this software.