Headphones are not working in Windows 10? Fix it now!
In this article you will find out:
- how to make headphones work
- how to protect your data
Are you ready? Let's read!
1. Work with drivers
If you set out to get rid of the Windows 10 headphones not working error, first try updating the audio or sound driver manually.
- Go to the Start menu and type Control in the search bar.
- Click on the Control Panel. Click on the Sound section and in a new window go to the Playback tab.
- In the list provided, select your headphones and go to Properties.
- In the Controller Information subsection, click on Properties. Be sure to log in as an administrator to be able to change settings in the Change settings section.
- Click on the Driver tab and click on Automatic Update. Finally, connect the headphones to a personal computer and check if the headphones are working again.
2. Change connections preferences
If the previous method did not help you, you need to try disabling the connector detection function on the front panel. This will work for you if you have the Realtek app on your PC. Follow the instructions below step by step.
- Press the key combination Win + R and in the Run window that opens, type the Control Panel command, press Enter.
- From the list, select Sound and then Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- Go to connector options.
- Select Disable front panel connector detection and left-click the checkbox next to the value.
Now check if the headphones are working properly.
3. Change sound settings
If the previous methods of fixing the headphone jack are not working, you can try changing the default audio format. The fact is that an incorrect setting of the audio format will lead to a repeated error. Go to the Control Panel, open Sound. Click the Playback tab and double-click the default playback device. In the Advanced tab, change the default audio format. As another method to fix the computer doesn't recognize headphones error, you should consider setting your headphones as your default playback device.
- Go to the Control Panel menu using the above method and open Sound.
- In the Playback subsection, right-click and click on Show Disabled Devices.
- The headphone catalog will unfold before you. Now click on the name of the headphone device.
- Click Enable and Set as default. Don't forget to click Apply and Ok.
Then close all windows and try to check if your headphones have started working.
Need to roll back OS updates? Make sure your data is safe
It so happens that due to a number of reasons that depend or not depend on you, both individual files and entire disk partitions are damaged. But do not despair ahead of time! It is still possible to correct and get your valuable data back. The main thing to remember is that in no case do any actions in the damaged system catalog. This includes creating new files, moving or deleting other files. Otherwise, after overwriting, recovery will no longer be possible. So leave it as it is. The second step is to find a decent disk recovery software.
One of them is DiskInternals Partition Recovery software.
The program has earned positive reviews from users from all over the world and has established itself as one of the best on the market today. The program is simple but at the same time easy to use. DiskInternals Partition Recovery allows you to recover data on most well-known storage devices of any type and size.
The program is compatible with a large number of file systems such as HFS, NTFS, ReiserFS, APFS (reader mode), RomFS (reader mode), Reiser4, XFS, Ext2, Ext3, and Ext4, FAT, ReFS, and UFS. Any user from a beginner with basic computer skills to a professional can fully appreciate the application by downloading a trial version of DiskInternals Partition Recovery from the official website.
From opening the application to viewing the files available for recovery, it is enough to go through just a few steps. So first you need to choose the location on the disk where you want to scan.
Next, you need to set the scan mode. For fast surface scanning, select the fast scan mode. For a deeper analysis and rebuilding of the file system (of course, only in the program itself), select the full scan mode. Don't worry, your filesystem will remain intact. But, if you need to open an entire damaged system disk partition, the read mode will be the best choice.
Next, the scanning process will follow, so wait a little. As a result, you will receive a list of files available for recovery directly in the program in preview mode.
Have you found the files you need in the list and want to recover them as quickly as possible?
Purchase a license for DiskInternals Partition Recovery and save your files to any convenient location on the disk.