How to fix error 0xc0000034?
Here you will find out:
- what the cause of error 0xc0000034 is
- how to fix this error
- how DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
What is the cause of error 0xc0000034?
Several issues can lead to this error on a Windows 10 computer. Bad sectors, corrupted files, missing DLL files, misconfiguration of boot files, or an unresponsive BCD are among the common causes of error 0xc0000034. Since this is a “Blue Screen of Death” error that will not allow your PC to boot normally, it means you will need an installation disk to fix the error.
How to fix this error
Method 1: Run Auto Repair
Windows 10 comes with a built-in Auto Repair utility. But you will need to boot the computer from Windows 10 installation media to access this built-in utility.
- Connect installation media to the computer and boot from there.
- Click on the “Repair your computer” link (seen at the bottom of the page, on the left).
- Select “Troubleshoot” on the next page, and then “Automatic Repair”.
- Follow the subsequent prompts to complete the repair.
- Afterward, restart the computer normally and check if the error is fixed.
Method 2: Rebuild BCD
By fixing the BCD record, you can fix this Windows error. This method also requires Windows 10 installation media.
- Connect the Windows 10 disk and boot the computer from it.
- Click on the "Repair your computer" link.
- Select “Troubleshoot” and then “Command Prompt".
- When the terminal opens, enter these commands in order, pressing “Enter” after entering each one of them:
Reboot the computer normally after all the above commands have been successfully executed.
Method 3: Refresh Windows 10
Refreshing Windows can help to fix this error if the other methods have failed. A Windows 10 refresh operation won’t delete your saved files, but may uninstall third-party software on the computer.
- Restart your computer and continuously press the F8 key or F11 key on the keyboard.
- Select “Troubleshoot" and then "Refresh your PC".
- Follow subsequent prompts to complete the process.
How to restore lost files easily
If you have lost some important files from your PC for one reason or another while trying to fix error 0xc0000034 on Windows 10, you can get back the files using DiskInternals Partition Recovery. This software can recover an entire Windows partition with all the files saved inside. Also, DiskInternals Partition Recovery supports many different Windows file systems, features an easy-to-understand interface, and scans your storage device at a breakneck speed.
Using DiskInternals Partition Recovery, you are sure to recover any file lost while fixing error 0xc0000034. Moreover, this software supports three (3) unique data recovery modes and can recover data from any storage device (internal or external).