How to fix “explorer.exe class not registered” error
Here you will find out:
- when “explorer.exe class not registered” error occurs
- how to fix this error
- how DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
When the “explorer.exe class not registered” error occurs
Normally, this error appears when you try to launch an application on your Windows computer. It could be File Explorer, a web browser, a third-party application, or even the Start menu. The “explorer.exe class not registered” error stops you from accessing the application you launched.
The major cause of this error is corrupted “explorer.exe” system files or conflicting configurations. Malware/virus attacks can also trigger this error. Below are some possible fixes you can try out.
How to fix explorer.exe class not registered error
Here are few methods that can be helpful and any of them can be your solution.
Method 1: Restart Windows Explorer
To get started with fixing this Windows error, the first fix to try is to restart Windows Explorer. This action can be done from the Task Manager box.
- ·Launch “Task Manager” by right-clicking on the “Taskbar” and then select the task manager option. Also, you can type taskmgr into the “Run” box (Windows key + R) to launch task manager.
- Under the “Processes” tab, find “Windows Explorer”; right-click on it and select “Restart”.
Method 2: Run code via Command Prompt
Another way to fix this error is via Command Prompt. However, you need admin access on the computer to carry out this method.
- Right-click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” or “PowerShell (Admin)”.
- Type this command into the terminal: regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll
Method 3: Close and disable iCloud with Task Manager
A Windows process named iCloud sometimes causes the “explorer.exe class not registered” error to appear. Hence, by disabling it, you can fix the issue.
- Launch Windows Task Manager.
- Under the “Processes” tab, look out for iCloud and disable it.
- Also, check the “Start Up” tab and disable any iCloud entry you see there.
- Restart the computer after this, and launch the problematic application again.
Method 4: Create new Microsoft account on Windows 10
If the methods above didn’t work, it’s time you create a new MS account from the Settings page. This method has helped quite a couple of people that have encountered the “explorer class not registered” error.
- Go to “Settings” (Windows key + I).
- Navigate to the “Accounts” option.
- Click on “Family & other people” from the left pane and then “Add someone else to this PC”.
- Provide your Microsoft account details as you follow the prompts.
- Sign out of the old account and log in using the new one.
Recover your data or lost partitions easily
If you have lost some important files or an entire partition on your hard drive, and you wish to get it back, you need to use a formidable partition recovery solution. Fortunately, DiskInternals Partition Recovery is an advanced software solution for recovering files and partitions on Windows computers. It doesn’t matter whether the files/partitions were corrupted, deleted, or lost, DiskInternals Partition Recovery will get them back for you.
This software works in a simple manner and features a super-intuitive interface that anyone can easily understand. Moreover, it supports many Windows file systems, as well as features three recovery modes and a Recovery Wizard. DiskInternals Partition Recovery is available for free download but requires a license to recover your files or partitions.