Partition loss problems on Windows 10?
To keep Windows on top, Microsoft keeps upgrading its products. The most recent major upgrade is Windows 10. The Windows 10 system is safe and secure Nonetheless, it is prone to corruption, damage, or reformatting. Even so, everyone needs a guide to recover lost partitions in Windows 10 in case something goes wrong.
For instance, your laptop falls down and when you resume, it does not show the partition. Or when you upgrade your system, if you don’t have proper help or knowledge, it can also lead to partition loss.
Is a deleted partition recoverable?
Many users may wonder if it is possible to recover a lost partition in Windows 10. When a partition gets deleted, the system removes its information from the partition table. The ability to recognize the partition depends on the partition table and boot sector. But there is good news! Recovery of lost partitions in Windows 10 is possible and, moreover, it is simple.
The table handles information about the parameters of the partition. If the partition table loses information, the system will lose the corresponding partition. The result is that you cannot see the volume in File Explorer or Disk Management. The disk space becomes unallocated without wiping, which means it is possible to restore the partition table. If you use professional recovery software, you'll be able to find the missing partition with its files and restore it all.. What can you do to recover a lost partition in Windows 10?
Manual 1: recover deleted partition using cmd
To recover a lost partition, we can undo the Diskpart clean command. But this method does not work on all partition loss issues. If this method to restore deleted partitions doesn’t work, go to Manual 2 to recover lost partitions on Windows 10.Note: if you are not familiar with Diskpart commands, do not try it. Some commands such as "clean" delete all partitions and data on the selected disk.
1. Open Disk Management to find the lost partition.
You can access Disk Management by right-clicking the Start menu and click Disk Management. If a partition is deleted, the disk space is unallocated. Remember the partition size.
2. Open Command Prompt as administrator, type “Diskpart” in the window and press the Enter key.
3. Type “command list disk” and press the Enter key so that you can see all storage devices on the computer.
4. Type “command select disk #” and press Enter. Replace # with the number of the hard drive that needs recovery of the lost partition.
5. Type “assign letter=G” and press Enter (G is a drive letter chosen randomly).
6. Close Command Prompt when you see "Diskpart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point".
Manual 2: restore deleted or lost partitions with Partition Recovery software
DiskInternals’ Partition Recovery™ tool is advanced software for all users. This program will be a magic wand to make the whole situation go away. DiskInternals’ Partition Recovery™ is a wizard, requiring no special skills.
Step-By-Step-Guide to Recover Lost or Deleted Partitions
- 1. Launch the executable file you downloaded. When an installation is done, you can start the restoration of your data.
- 2. Proceed to file recovery by clicking the Next button on the Welcome page.
- 3. Select the disk to scan.
- 4. Click the Next button.
- 5. Choose your file system for recovery and click the Next button.
Wait till the Wizard scans the disk and finds lost files. It can take some time, depending on the size of the disk. At the end, you will get the possibility to preview restored files.
How to increase your chances of a successful lost partition recovery?
To increase the chance of a successful recovery, follow these basic principles:
- Stop saving data to the hard drive once you realize a partition or data has been lost; otherwise, it will be impossible to restore the lost partition.
- Do not try any manual methods unless their security and efficiency are proven.
- Do not make any change to the current partition table.
- Do not create a new partition. Creating a new partition on disk area taken by a lost partition on Windows 10 will increase the difficulty of recovery.
- Select an easy-to-use and effective partition recovery tool to solve the problem. Make sure the lost partition recovery software you use is powerful enough to deal with the partition recovery issue.
Use the DiskInternals data recovery service to restore your information easily and quickly. This data recovery software is reliable and convenient.