What to do if a black screen appears after login in Windows 7
Here you will find out:
- what if a black screen appears after login in Windows 7
- how to fix this problem
- how DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
If a black screen appears after login in Windows 7
Not only does Windows 10 have problems, but Windows 7 too, and they can be very annoying. Quite a couple of things can lead to you seeing your PC display an error message or get stuck in a process. When you see a blank screen after logging into your Windows 7 PC, here are the ways you can troubleshoot this problem.
How to fix this problem
Method 1: Turn off your computer and disconnect all external devices
The first thing to do is to shut down the computer and disconnect all the external devices that are connected to the PC. This includes USB flash drives, external hard drives, etc. After you have removed all the external devices, you can reboot the computer. If it boots properly, it is possible that an external drive caused the problem.
Method 2: Boot to Safe Mode
If you did not connect external devices to the computer, consider booting to Safe Mode. To boot a Windows 7 computer into Safe Mode, follow these steps:
- Shut down the computer
- Press the power button to reboot it; however, once you press the power button, keep pressing F8 until you see the “Advanced Boot Menu” options
- Highlight “Safe Mode with Networking” or “Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced)” and hit the Enter key
Method 3: Try to perform System Restore
If you can boot your computer to Safe Mode, then you should follow these steps below:
- Click on the Start icon and search for “Recovery”
- Select the “Recovery” option from search results
- Go to “System Restore” and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process
Alternatively, you can use a recovery disk or bootable disk. Simply connect the bootable media and boot your PC from the drive. Configure the date and time, then click on “Repair your computer,” and choose your storage drive. Afterwards, select "System Restore" from “System Recovery Options.”
Method 4: Perform Startup Repair
Running Startup Repair can help to fix this issue. It is an advanced action, however, and it may lead to loss of your files.
- Insert bootable media or Windows installation media and boot the computer from the drive.
- Click on the “Repair Your Computer” link after choosing your language, time and keyboard settings.
- Select your local drive and choose “Startup Repair.”
How to save your files
It is advisable to run a comprehensive backup of your files before performing advanced actions on a computer. DiskInternals Partition Recovery is a professional software utility that helps you to create disk images that will save your data.
Shut down the affected PC, remove the hard drive and connect it to another working PC. Then install DiskInternals Partition Recovery software on the computer and run data to get back all lost files from the computer. Once you have recovered the lost files, you can now create a disk image.
Creating a disk image using DiskInternals Partition Recovery happens in three simple steps. Also, the software acts as a data recovery tool that helps you to get back all the files lost from your hard drive partitions. It is a comprehensive, yet intuitive software with a couple of handy features for the need. DiskInternals Partition Recovery supports a lot of file systems and works on any hard drive.