Kernel mode heap corruption: your actions to deal with this issue
Sometimes it happens that while working with applications, while playing games or typing, a "blue screen of death" (BSOD) suddenly appears on the screen. If it's a kernel mode heap corruption error, the system has caused a crash. The BSOD most often occurs due to software mismatch or hardware incompatibility. Let's figure out why such errors occur and what to do about it right in this article. Also, you will learn how to secure your data when the “kernel mode heap corruption” problem appears.
In this article you will find out:
- what should you know about this error
- how to deal with this issue
- how to protect your data
Are you ready? Let's read!
Examine the drivers, if you meet Kernel mode heap corruption issue
Remember that in order to use your PC properly, you need to keep your drivers up to date and monitor them closely, so as not to miss the next update.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to check and update your device drivers accordingly:
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run and type devmgmt.msc in the command line and click OK. The Device Manager will appear in a separate window.
- In the Device Manager, find the "Display Adapter" section. Right-click the video card category and select “Update Driver Software”.
- Click “Search automatically for updated driver software” and Windows will automatically find and download any required pending driver updates.
- Then restart your computer and check for the “kernel mode heap corruption” error. We hope the problem is over; if not, then proceed to another method.
Reinstall them manually
First, you need to make sure your operating system has the latest and older version of the graphics card driver installed. Then turn off your Wi-Fi if you are connected to a network and press Windows Key + R to open Run. In the Command Prompt window that appears, enter msconfig and click OK. In the new System Configuration window, click the Boot section and check the Secure Boot box; click Apply and close the window. Reboot your system and open DDU. Check all NVIDIA software and drivers, then click Clean. Please do not reboot your operating system now. Open the System Preferences window again and find the Boot tab and uncheck the Secure Boot box. Save the changes and finally install the previous version of the graphics card driver and select “Custom installation”. Make sure you are installing only the GPU driver and uncheck all boxes. Now you just need to complete the installation process.
You should be aware that a “kernel mode heap corruption” error can also occur if your video card is not compatible or if it was not installed correctly. This often happens if it was mistakenly installed on the wrong PCIe lane. Therefore, it is better to check and, if necessary, reinstall the video card in the right PCIe lane. In the event that you do not know how to do this, we recommend that you contact the motherboard manufacturer; they will have all the necessary instructions.
Protect your data
DiskInternals Partition Recovery is the best software for all corruption issues. It will recover absolutely all kinds of file formats or lost partitions. You should know that there are many reasons for the loss of a logical drive and to recover data, so you need to find out the exact reason:
- This could be an accidental deletion. In this case, Windows may not recognize the damaged partition.
- Partitions can be damaged due to the presence of viruses or other malware.
- Accidental power outages can damage the disk.
- Any system errors can lead to system crash and data loss. In your case, the error “Windows 10 kernel mode heap corruption” led to disastrous consequences.
However, by choosing the right software, you will certainly achieve your goal and will certainly restore the information you need. Always start partition or disk recovery as early as possible. Don't wait until later; it will overwrite your data.
DiskInternals Partition Recovery, with its built-in Recovery Wizard, will help you recover deleted data quickly and efficiently. DiskInternals Partition Recovery supports many file systems, including: FAT, ReFS, UFS; HFS, NTFS, ReiserFS, APFS (reader mode), RomFS (reader mode), Reiser4, XFS, Ext2, Ext3 and Ext4. The program scans the disk in three modes: quick scan (Uneraser), full scan (Full recovery), read mode. With Partition Recovery, you can view files completely free of charge before restoring them so you can be sure of the program's capabilities. To get started, download DiskInternals Partition Recovery for a free trial. If you are satisfied with the quality of file recovery, purchase a license and then you can save the recovered data and forget about this problem.