Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1909 failed? Fix it now!
Microsoft releases a series of major updates on a monthly basis. These updates are called Patch Tuesday Updates and each version of Windows 10 has its own cumulative update with its own changelog. You can decide whether to install the update on your computer or not. However, you should be aware that these updates are an important part of the Windows update process, and contain many bug fixes, OS improvements, and system security improvements. Therefore, as soon as updates become available in your area, we recommend installing them on your computer.
Here you will find out:
- how to fix this issue
- how DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
Version 1909 update
This is about Windows 10, version 1909 update; Identification Cumulative update: KB5001337.
What improvements and corrections should you expect in this version of the update? See below:
- This update resolves an issue where a principal in the MIT trusted realm is unable to obtain a Kerberos service ticket from Active Directory domain controllers.
- The 1909 update also addresses vulnerabilities security that will no longer include the RemoteFX vGPU feature in this and all future Windows updates. Secure vGPU alternatives are available using DDA in Windows Server LTSC editions and Windows Server SAC editions.
- This update addresses a potential elevation of privilege vulnerability when signing into Azure Active Directory over the Internet. This Azure Active Directory logon method allows random browsing from third-party endpoints used for federated authentication.
- Update 1909 also includes security updates for the Windows App Platform and Platforms, Windows Office Media, Windows Apps, Windows Input and Composition, Windows AI Platform, Windows Essentials, Windows Cryptography, Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Media.
Following are known issues of this update version:
- When updating a device from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a later version of Windows 10, all system and user certificates may be lost. This can happen when managed devices are updated using outdated packages or media using an update management tool such as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, or when using outdated physical media or ISO images that do not integrate the latest updates.
Be advised that any device connecting to Windows Update should always receive the latest feature updates without any additional steps.
Protect your data
If, as a result of a system update, you have lost any data, or the data has been lost or damaged for any other reason, you should restore it as soon as possible. Otherwise, data will be overwritten and you will lose all personal information forever.
DiskInternals Partition Recovery is one of the best professional tools for recovering any data from a disk or its partitions, both for ordinary users and professionals. This software works with various types of storage media, such as: HDD, external hard drive, flash drive, SSD, IDE drive, SATA drive, etc.
With its built-in recovery wizard, DiskInternals Partition Recovery helps you recover deleted or lost sections as quickly and easily as possible in automatic mode.
DiskInternals Partition Recovery has three scan modes:
- Fast scan (Uneraser), this is a superficial recovery of data of any type.
- Full scan (full recovery), this recovery is recommended in most cases because of the tremendous results.
- Reader mode, this mode is aimed at viewing inaccessible data in the explorer.
Partition Recovery has a great feature: file preview is present even in the free trial, so you can fully evaluate the program before purchasing a license.
Guide to recover lost, inaccessible, damaged data with DiskInternals Partition Recovery:
- Step 1. Download and run DiskInternals Partition Recovery on the device.
- Step 2. The Recovery Wizard will start automatically, or you can start it yourself by clicking on the corresponding button.
- Step 3. Select the target disk in physical disk mode and the file type to scan.
- Step 4. This process may take several moments, please be patient.
- Step 5. Preview and automatic recovery of partition files.
- Step 6. Saving is available after purchasing for a small fee and activating the license on the site.