How to auto login Windows 10?
Here you will find out:
- how to auto login Windows 10
- how DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
Windows 10 has certain options to log into user accounts. This can be a long password, a 6-digit PIN. And in some cases, you can even use a biometric log into your account if, of course, your system supports such an option. However, not all users require this level of security and privacy. If you don’t want any layers of security, you will, of course, want to automatically log into Windows 10. Then you don’t need to enter a PIN or password for every login.
This article displays all the possible steps for automatically logging in to Windows 10; let’s get started.
How to enable auto login?
You can enable automatic login with user accounts as follows:
In the new window, uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" and click Apply.
Next, enter your username and password to disable password-based login and press Enter.
Sometimes, you have to enter your username and password twice, be prepared for that. Now, restart your computer, and you should be able to log in without entering the password for your account.
You can also enable automatic login through the registry editor.
This method should be used if the first method did not work and only for Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems.
First, you need to create a system restore point, back up your data, or create a disk image. Working with the registry always comes with a risk to your data and system configuration, so it is best to secure yourself in advance.
So, to edit the registry files, press the Windows key + R. In the Run dialog box, type Regedit and click OK. You will be taken to the Registry Editor, where you go to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Currentversion\WinLogon. Next, double-click on the default entry and enter your password; press OK or Enter.
If the default entry does not exist, you need to take additional steps. Be sure to manually create the default entry. Click the button "Edit", then "New". Now, select "String Value", name it as default Password and press Enter.
Now, double-click it, enter your password and click OK.
Go to the Edit menu again and click New. Next, select "String Value" and name it autoadminLogon. Press Enter and then double-click the AutoadMinLogon entry. Then open "Change Line" and in the "Value" field, enter 1 and click "OK". Next, close the registry editor and reboot your computer. Now, you can automatically log into Windows 10.
Make sure your data is safe
You do not need to worry about your data's security if it is suddenly lost while working with the registry; you can still restore it. And this is possible, thanks to DiskInternals Partition Recovery. This software has been the leader in its market for more than one decade. The program works with all common file systems, including NTFS, FAT32, and others. In addition, DiskInternals Partition Recovery can programmatically convert them if the file system is damaged. If you first restore the files, you have nothing to worry about because the Recovery Partition is a smart and reliable restore wizard. You can use the fully functional trial version of the program.
To recover files, you just need to follow the step-by-step instructions below.
1. Download and install DiskInternals Partition Recovery.
2. Launch the application, and one of the Recovery Wizards of your choice will start the recovery process. You will be asked to choose the main options for extracting data, such as the file system (it will be detected automatically - you just need to check it), the way to open the disk (quick scan, full scan, read), and the file format to search for (you can skip this step and search data by type after scanning).
3. The next step is the scanning process. This will take some time, depending on the size of the selected drive.
4. Preview and restore files from the selected disk or partition. Browse all the files that interest you or some files found with the right mouse button on one of them; select "Preview in new window". This feature is also guaranteed to be free.
5. Save your data to another storage device. To save the recovered files of your choice, you need to buy a license and enter the license key. It is best to save the files to a different storage device to prevent the saved data from being overwritten in the future.