Manual: How to recover deleted files in Windows 10
Do you have too many unnecessary files on your computer? Or maybe Windows 10 works slowly?
Most likely, you decide to free up disk space for more productive computer operation.
And what if you need deleted files in Windows 10?
Here you will find information about:
- Restore lost Windows 10 data from the Recycle Bin.
- Recover files from the previous version.
- Professional Windows 10 data recovery software.
Are you ready? Let's read!
3 proven ways to recover deleted files from Windows 10
First of all, you can use the following methods.
If you did not empty the recycle bin or did not use the command key “Command + Shift” for permanently deleted files on a Windows 10 PC, you can easily use this method. In Windows 10, the Recycle Bin is installed a little differently, unlike other Windows operating systems.
If you don’t have a recycle bin on your desktop, you can create it.
To do this, right-click on the desktop and select "Personalize". In a new window, click on "Themes" and then - on "Desktop Icon Settings". Here, you can select the - "Recycle Bin". The recycle bin is on your desktop now.
To recover deleted files from Windows 10, open it, select the required files and click the "Restore" button. All selected files will be restored to the previous location on your computer. This is probably the easiest method to undelete files in Windows 10. However, it does not always help. You can try the following method; maybe it will help you.
You can try to recover deleted files from Windows 10 by creating new files with the same names as the old ones. Then click “Properties”, and left-click on “Previous version”. Now, you need to select the desired file for recovery. This is a good method, except if you do not remember the exact name of the file and the location. Otherwise, there will be no chance to recover deleted files from Windows 10 with that method. In addition, you will not recover video or audio in this way. But do not worry, there is still a way to bring back deleted files in Windows 10.
A very effective method for removed data - undelete Windows 10 tool.
DiskInternals Uneraser is a great program for this purpose. This software has many advantages like supporting a big amount of file systems and recovering all types of files. DiskInternals Uneraser has a convenient and simple built-in wizard. Even if you are a beginner, you can do a great job with recovering deleted files. You can use a free trial version. You purchase a license for this product only if you are satisfied with the result and want to save deleted files in Windows 10.
DiskInternals Windows 10 data recovery software will allow you to recover any type of deleted files in a short time. You just need to follow step-by-step instructions, and the program will do everything by itself.
Backup files on Windows 10
Remember: You should not create new files on your computer. As a result, data will be overwritten and you will never be able to recover deleted files from Windows 10 anymore.
Step-by-step instructions for DiskInternals Uneraser:
- 1. Download and run DiskInternals Uneraser Windows 10 data recovery software.
- 2. In the new window, you will see all the storage devices that are on your computer. Select the disk where your data were situated with the left mouse button. Then click “Next”.
- 3. File types. You can select the file types that are desired to be recovered, or you can skip that step. And search by signatures after the scanning.
- 4. Scan. After you have selected the disk, scanning will start. Wait until the process is complete.
- 5. Preview and restore deleted files in Windows.
- On the screen you will see all the recovered files - they are marked with a red cross in the upper left corner and have their previous names. You can preview the necessary files - right-click and select “Preview”. In a new window, you will see the file’s content. To save files - select a few and click the “Recovery” button.