SD Card Needs to Be Formatted: Fix it Now!
Here you will find out:
- how to fix this issue
- how DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
About This Issue
Due to the fact that SD cards are used by people every day, there is a misunderstanding that storage data is often prone to errors and file corruption. So, for example, you may receive the message "need to format the SD card.". This indicates that the files required for reading or writing have been lost. That is, you cannot access the file on the SD card and usually, this happens for the following reasons:
- Formatting is in the old file system or in an incompatible file system
- SD card fell and is physically damaged
- System errors
- Virus attacks
You can use this article to restore the disk’s working capacity without resorting to formatting it.
Make Sure Your Data is Safe with Uneraser
First of all, you need to recover inaccessible data from a flash drive because anything can happen while fixing a device. Perhaps the flash drive will be repaired, but you will not see the data on it. To prevent such an outcome of events, use DiskInternals Uneraser and soon all the saved data will be in another accessible place.
This program has a deep data scan function. You may be surprised, but Uneraser can easily recover up to 1 PB of absolutely any file format. The application supports the following file systems: FAT12, Reiser4, ReFS, UFS, HFS, NTFS, ReiserFS, XFS, Ext2 / 3/4, etc. Thanks to the free preview function, you can be completely sure of the final result, as you will see every file that has been recovered separately. Download a free adware version of the software before purchasing a license and see how easy it will be if the recovery wizard guides you through all the steps.
Instructions for recovering data from an SD card or hard drive using DiskInternals Uneraser:
1. Download and install the recommended utility on your computer or laptop.
2. The Disk Repair Wizard will start automatically, you will need to follow its recommendations.
3. Select the type of files you want to recover, if it matters to you. Otherwise, go to scan.
4. Scan: Relax, a little while and the goal will be achieved.
5. Preview - select the Preview in a New Window option by clicking on the file with the right mouse button, then the recovery will happen automatically.
6. Export checked files. To do this, you just need to purchase a license, and it is better to save the recovered documents in another safe place.
Let's Fix it!
You can now start fixing the “SD card says it needs to be formatted” error using the CHKDSK command. This command is dangerous from the aspectof the safety of your data, however, now you have nothing to worry about, since DiskInternals Uneraser gave you confidence.
So, plug your SD card into your computer. Once it is detected, go to the Start menu, find Command Prompt, and click Run as Administrator.
The lead command is «chkdsk» drive letters «/ f», and «/ r» respectively. It will help you identify and fix bad sectors on your SD card or fix system errors.
Once you run the command, wait diligently for it to complete and restart your computer. After that, the flash drive will no longer need to be formatted.
Use OS Explorer
You can fix the “format problem SD card” through Windows Explorer as follows:
Connect the SD card to your computer, right-click the Start button and open Windows Explorer. Next, click on the removable disk and select Properties, go to the Tools tab. Then click the Check button and activate the functions Automatically Fix File System errors and Check and Try to Repair Bad Sectors. Now click Start, wait until the recovery process is complete.
Restarting the computer after this is required.
Use OS Disk Management
To fix the SD-card using Windows Disk Management, follow these steps:
Connect your storage device to the system. Next, open This PC, then click Manage and finally select Disk Management. In the new window, change the drive letter and path to represent the problematic device via disk management access.
After that, you should update your device driver via Device Manager→ expand USB controllers and click Generic USB Hub and update driver.
To use this method, go to the command line as described above and type "diskpart", press Enter.
List of Disks and press Enter. You will see all drives connected to the system.
Select Disk and press Enter.
Clear and press Enter.
Create Primary Partition and press Enter.
Active and press Enter.
Select Section 1 and press Enter.
Format fs = fat32 and press Enter.
This will format the CD card in the FAT32 file system.
Note: Do not close the window until formatting is complete. Then reboot the system.
- Windows 10: Optimization for SSD
- File system error (-2147219196) occurs: your actions?
- What if Windows 10 apps won't open?
- How to clear cache in Windows 10?
- Undelete files from FAT and NTFS
- Here is how to convert M4A to WAV safely
- What to do if Gimp eraser is not working?
- Top Free Photo Editing Software for Windows 10
- What to do if Photoshop says it is not a PNG file?
- How to Restore Deleted/Lost Files from Seagate Drive?
- Here is How to Convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word Document
- What if PDF Files Won't Open?
- How to Convert PDF to JPG in Windows 10
- [Solved] The system cannot find the file specified
- How to access Device Manager in Windows 10?
- Format a USB drive to a new file system
- When screensavers don’t work
-  Recycle Bin is corrupted in Windows? Fix it!
- DiskInternals unique technology for recovering deleted files and deleted folders
- Recover USB Files Without Formatting
- How to recover deleted photos from an SD card on an Android phone
- Recover NEF files: perform it fast and easy!
- How to perform 3DS SD card formation
- Recover an SD card files using CMD
- Fix the Issue: Recovery D Drive is Almost Full on Windows 10
- How to recover deleted files from a memory card
- How to recover deleted files on SD cards
- How to recover photos from a formatted SD card
- How to fix a damaged SD card
- BMP file recovery: restore deleted .bmp files now!
- OGG File Recovery - All You Need is Here
- SD card deleted file recovery
- Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
- Recover .jpg Files - All You Need to Know
- Hard Disk Full But No Files
- Invalid value for registry on JPG/JPEG/PNG files? Fix it!
- The difference between SDHC and SDXC
- Let’s fix ‘SD card won't format’ issue
- Incremental vs differential backup - what is the difference
- How to recover a deleted file
- Recover memory card
- Undelete files. Undelete zip. Unerase rar. Restore CAB files
- Recover Deleted Audio, Video and movies: mp3, wav, wma, avi, mov, mpg
- Recover Deleted Word documents - Recover Deleted Excel documents - Undelete documents
- Recover Deleted PDF Files: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Best Solution for USB Flash Drive Repair
- Recover Illustrator files today!
- Need to Recover deleted TIFF files? It's easy!
- Recover Unsaved or Deleted PSD Files Today!
- Accidentally formatted SD card
- Perform GIF recovery: all you need is here!
- The semaphore timeout period has expired error
- Deleted or lost PNG image? Recover it today!
- Desktop location is not available? Use these simple and practical solutions!
- Recover permanently deleted files from a PC
- Guide: How to recover deleted files in Windows 7
- USB error code 43? You can easily solve it!
- Can you fix a corrupted micro SD card?
- Damaged SD Card Recovery
- Deleted photos? Recovery is possible!
- CF Card Recovery - All That You Wanted to Know
- How to fix a corrupted SD card
- File recovery from SSDs
- The Device is Unreachable? Fix 0x80070141 Error Now!
- How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10
- How to Repair a Damaged SD Card without Formatting
- ‘The device is not ready’ error occurs: your actions
- How to change the file extension in Windows 10, 8, 7: a guide
- exFAT vs NTFS comparison
- Here is everything you need to know about TF Card
- How to recover deleted music files? Only workable solutions
- Here is everything you need to know to recover shift deleted files
- Here is everything you need to know to recover overwritten files
- What option should you choose to set up allocation unit size while formatting SD card?
- Screenshot recovery
- Recover Hidden Files in USB Drive - 4 Great Methods!
- Unsupported SD card and how to fix it
- [Solved] USB drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting? Use this guide
- How to fix no audio output device is installed error in windows 10
- Recover an orphaned file
- How to get back old photos
- Recover a USB Stick That Wants to be Formatted
- Solution to recover deleted photos on Windows 10
- Windows 10 can't open JPG file? 5 Methods to fix it!
- Unformat SD Cards at Home: how to do it safe
- Retrieve lost game data on Steam
- How to Defrag(Optimize) an External Hard Drive
- If You Cannot Delete the Folder
- SD Card Music Recovery: All You Need to Know
- How to recover deleted Skype messages
- Did your files were deleted by Avast Antivirus? Recover them!
- The program can't start because msvcr110.dll is missing
- How to Fix Windows kb4023057 Update Issue
- SD Card Recovery
- Recover deleted photos from SD card
- How to save a damaged SD card effortless?
- Photo Recovery From SD Card
- Recover Formatted SD Card
- How to recover files from a corrupted micro SD card
- Hard drive file recovery process
- Recover an InDesign File - All You Wanted to Know
- Best methods on how to fix JPEG error #53 are here
- Defrag SSD: Is it worth it?
- Cannot open volume for direct access
- Recovering Permanently Deleted Files: Possible or Not?
- How to read a corrupted SD card
- How to recover deleted files from external hard drive
- PDF Recovery: how to restore a corrupted PDF file
- Undelete files in Windows 10: fast and effortless
- Windows 10 Sticky Notes Missing
- Wsappx lead to high CPU usage? Fix the issue!
- Recover digital photographs and graphics, Undelete pictures
- Having Bad Image Error on Windows 10? Fix It!
- If Windows resource protection found corrupt files
- How to Speed Up Windows 10? Find the Solution!
- Do You Need to Defragment a Hard Drive in Windows10?
- [Win] Failed to Transfer Logged Messages with Status 50 Issue
- Device Descriptor Request Failed? Fix It!
- [Windows7] How to Free Up My Disk Space
- Provide flash Drive Recovery Today!
- 6 Ways of How to Transfer Files from PC to PC
- Perform WebP file recovery today!
- What is ORF file and how to recover it
- DNG file and how to recover it
- How to free up disk space? Find out it today!
- Recover Lost Photos Right Now!
- SVG file recovery with Uneraser
-  Best way to backup photos
- [Solved!]What to do if File Explorer keeps opening
- What are EPS files and how to restore them
- The computer is low on memory? You can fix it!
- For what Windows old folder needs? How to delete it?
- The file is too big for the destination file system
- SD card corrupted? Recover it!
- [Solved] How to get pictures off a broken phone
- Windows 8: recover deleted photos
- If external hard drive not working or responding
- Deleted MP3 file: a recovery guide
- How to undelete files on Mac file system
- Desktop icons missing? Recover them and your files!
- Windows 10 slow? Solve the problem!
- Recover deleted photos on Windows 7 today
- Make SDHC Card Recovery Today!
- How to undelete files in Windows 7/8/10
- Guide: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8
- How to make Cr2 File Recovery by yourself
- [Solved] Command Prompt keeps popping up? Stop it!
- An Issue: Windows could not complete the installation
- An application was unable to start? Fix the 0xc000007b error!
- Fix the Issue: Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed
- [Error] HP Laptop Has a Black Screen
- How to Upgrade Windows10 From 32-Bit to 64-Bit Safely
- If the external hard drive keeps disconnecting in Windows 10
- If your hard drive shows up in Disk Management
- Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation
- What if Windows 10 Keyboard is Not Working
- Windows 10 mouse lag
- If you have problems with Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers
- When Alt-Tab is not working
- How to fix corrupted memory card
- If you get an audio lag issue in Windows 10
- 'Class not registered' Issue on Windows 10? Use only the best methods!