Guide: how to resize an image in Gimp
Here you will find out:
- how to resize an image in Gimp
- when DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
GIMP is software for fast image processing. If you have a little time to change an image, this tool will be useful for you. In this article, you will learn about the main functions of this application and how to use them. So, first you need to open the image in the GIMP program using the toolbar: click the tab File, and then the Open button.
Now you will learn how to resize an image in GIMP. You may find these changes useful, for example, when your image is too large to be included in an email, embed in a web page, or published on the Internet. In GIMP, this task is quite simple:
On the screen, you see your image, and the information at the top of the window shows the current image dimensions in pixels. You should click on the Image button and then select Scale Image; this will take you to the "Image Scale" dialog box. Here, find a place to enter new values for width and height and enter the desired values in pixels.
When you're done scaling your image, export your new changes by clicking the File button again, and then click Export. Alternatively, you can overwrite the new file: click on File, then on the Overwrite button and enter a new name for the file. Note that the original file will be deleted.
Crop an Image
You can crop the image to remove useless borders or any information in the image, and so on. So, you can go to the crop tool as follows:
On the toolbar, click on Tools, then open the Transform Tools and click on Crop.
You will now see the GIMP Crop Tool. Left-clicking the right place at the image canvas to highlight the initial selection for cropping. You can change your selection as much as you’d like before actually cropping. Once you're happy with the cropping, you can simply press the Enter key on your keyboard to complete the cropping. To return everything to its original level, you can press the "Esc" key.
Protect your data
Protecting and restoring data, including images, is possible with the help of special software. DiskInternals Uneraser is best suited for image recovery, or you can use a free trial to view all recovered photos. The program is equipped with a simple recovery wizard to help you recover your images, even if you are new to it.
If you have enough skills and consider yourself an advanced user, you can also restore images manually. Unlike other software tools, DiskInternals Uneraser will restore your images to their original locations with their original names. In addition, you can view and recover PNG, JPEG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, TGA and other image formats. The recovered files can be saved to any medium.
As you can see, this program has all the necessary properties and capabilities to easily and correctly recover images from a hard disk, memory card, flash drive, etc.
Step 1. Download and run DiskInternals Uneraser on your computer. The wizard will start automatically, select the necessary settings and click the "Next" button.
Step 2. Scan the images. Here, select the scanning method: read, full or fast recovery. After a while (depending on the scan method you selected), you will see a list of deleted files.
Step 3. Preview and restore images on your computer. To preview the recovered data, right-click the selected image and select Preview. Select all or only some photos / images and click the "Recover" button.
So, everything is extremely simple and straightforward - this program will help both a simple photography lover and a professional photographer to never lose their images.
Image export will be available to you as soon as you buy a license for this application. However, this is not necessary at all if exporting to another storage device is not important to you.
- Here is How to Use Word to JPG Converter Safely
- Here is How to Recover Deleted Files on Android Phone
- 3 Tips on How to Find Deleted iMessages
- Here is How to Protect Your SKP Format Files
- What option should you choose to set up allocation unit size while formatting SD card?
- Guide: Convert M4B to MP3
- Here is how to convert MOV to GIF
- A device attached to the system is not functioning: fix
- Guide: convert AVI to GIF
- What to do if the Process System isn't responding?
- How to convert DDS to PNG
- What OTG connection is? How to use it?
- What to do if iPhone photos disappeared?
- Here is how to convert AIFF to MP3
- [Solved] The system cannot find the file specified
- The difference between SDHC and SDXC
- ‘The device is not ready’ error occurs: your actions
- Windows 10: Optimization for SSD
- File system error (-2147219196) occurs: your actions?
- What if Windows 10 apps won't open?
- How to clear cache in Windows 10?
- Here is how to convert M4A to WAV safely
- What to do if Gimp eraser is not working?
- What to Do if SD Card Needs to Be Formatted?
- Top Free Photo Editing Software for Windows 10
- What to do if Photoshop says it is not a PNG file?
- How to Restore Deleted/Lost Files from Seagate Drive?
- Here is How to Convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word Document
- What if PDF Files Won't Open?
- How to Convert PDF to JPG in Windows 10
- How to access Device Manager in Windows 10?
- Format a USB drive to a new file system
- When screensavers don’t work
-  Recycle Bin is corrupted in Windows? Fix it!
- DiskInternals unique technology for recovering deleted files and deleted folders
- Recover USB Files Without Formatting
- How to recover deleted photos from an SD card on an Android phone
- Recover NEF files: perform it fast and easy!
- How to perform 3DS SD card formation
- Recover an SD card files using CMD
- Fix the Issue: Recovery D Drive is Almost Full on Windows 10
- How to recover deleted files from a memory card
- How to recover deleted files on SD cards
- How to recover photos from a formatted SD card
- How to fix a damaged SD card
- BMP file recovery: restore deleted .bmp files now!
- OGG File Recovery - All You Need is Here
- SD card deleted file recovery
- Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
- Recover .jpg Files - All You Need to Know
- Hard Disk Full But No Files
- Invalid value for registry on JPG/JPEG/PNG files? Fix it!
- Let’s fix ‘SD card won't format’ issue
- Incremental vs differential backup - what is the difference
- How to recover a deleted file
- Recover memory card
- Undelete files. Undelete zip. Unerase rar. Restore CAB files
- Recover Deleted Audio, Video and movies: mp3, wav, wma, avi, mov, mpg
- Recover Deleted Word documents - Recover Deleted Excel documents - Undelete documents
- Recover Deleted PDF Files: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Best Solution for USB Flash Drive Repair
- Recover Illustrator files today!
- Need to Recover deleted TIFF files? It's easy!
- Recover Unsaved or Deleted PSD Files Today!
- Accidentally formatted SD card
- Perform GIF recovery: all you need is here!
- The semaphore timeout period has expired error
- Deleted or lost PNG image? Recover it today!
- Desktop location is not available? Use these simple and practical solutions!
- Recover permanently deleted files from a PC
- Guide: How to recover deleted files in Windows 7
- USB error code 43? You can easily solve it!
- Can you fix a corrupted micro SD card?
- Damaged SD Card Recovery
- Deleted photos? Recovery is possible!
- CF Card Recovery - All That You Wanted to Know
- How to fix a corrupted SD card
- File recovery from SSDs
- The Device is Unreachable? Fix 0x80070141 Error Now!
- How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10
- How to Repair a Damaged SD Card without Formatting
- How to change the file extension in Windows 10, 8, 7: a guide
- exFAT vs NTFS comparison
- Here is everything you need to know about TF Card
- How to recover deleted music files? Only workable solutions
- Here is everything you need to know to recover shift deleted files
- Here is everything you need to know to recover overwritten files
- Screenshot recovery
- Recover Hidden Files in USB Drive - 4 Great Methods!
- Unsupported SD card and how to fix it
- [Solved] USB drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting? Use this guide
- How to fix no audio output device is installed error in windows 10
- Recover an orphaned file
- How to get back old photos
- Recover a USB Stick That Wants to be Formatted
- Solution to recover deleted photos on Windows 10
- Windows 10 can't open JPG file? 5 Methods to fix it!
- Unformat SD Cards at Home: how to do it safe
- Retrieve lost game data on Steam
- How to Defrag(Optimize) an External Hard Drive
- If You Cannot Delete the Folder
- SD Card Music Recovery: All You Need to Know
- How to recover deleted Skype messages
- Did your files were deleted by Avast Antivirus? Recover them!
- The program can't start because msvcr110.dll is missing
- How to Fix Windows kb4023057 Update Issue
- SD Card Recovery
- Recover deleted photos from SD card
- How to save a damaged SD card effortless?
- Photo Recovery From SD Card
- Recover Formatted SD Card
- How to recover files from a corrupted micro SD card
- Hard drive file recovery process
- Recover an InDesign File - All You Wanted to Know
- Best methods on how to fix JPEG error #53 are here
- Defrag SSD: Is it worth it?
- Cannot open volume for direct access
- Recovering Permanently Deleted Files: Possible or Not?
- How to read a corrupted SD card
- How to recover deleted files from external hard drive
- PDF Recovery: how to restore a corrupted PDF file
- Undelete files in Windows 10: fast and effortless
- Windows 10 Sticky Notes Missing
- Wsappx lead to high CPU usage? Fix the issue!
- Recover digital photographs and graphics, Undelete pictures
- Having Bad Image Error on Windows 10? Fix It!
- If Windows resource protection found corrupt files
- How to Speed Up Windows 10? Find the Solution!
- Do You Need to Defragment a Hard Drive in Windows10?
- [Win] Failed to Transfer Logged Messages with Status 50 Issue
- Device Descriptor Request Failed? Fix It!
- [Windows7] How to Free Up My Disk Space
- Provide flash Drive Recovery Today!
- 6 Ways of How to Transfer Files from PC to PC
- Perform WebP file recovery today!
- What is ORF file and how to recover it
- DNG file and how to recover it
- How to free up disk space? Find out it today!
- Recover Lost Photos Right Now!
- SVG file recovery with Uneraser
-  Best way to backup photos
- [Solved!]What to do if File Explorer keeps opening
- What are EPS files and how to restore them
- The computer is low on memory? You can fix it!
- For what Windows old folder needs? How to delete it?
- The file is too big for the destination file system
- SD card corrupted? Recover it!
- [Solved] How to get pictures off a broken phone
- Windows 8: recover deleted photos
- If external hard drive not working or responding
- Deleted MP3 file: a recovery guide
- How to undelete files on Mac file system
- Desktop icons missing? Recover them and your files!
- Windows 10 slow? Solve the problem!
- Recover deleted photos on Windows 7 today
- Make SDHC Card Recovery Today!
- How to undelete files in Windows 7/8/10
- Guide: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8
- How to make Cr2 File Recovery by yourself
- [Solved] Command Prompt keeps popping up? Stop it!
- An Issue: Windows could not complete the installation
- An application was unable to start? Fix the 0xc000007b error!
- Fix the Issue: Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed
- [Error] HP Laptop Has a Black Screen
- How to Upgrade Windows10 From 32-Bit to 64-Bit Safely
- If the external hard drive keeps disconnecting in Windows 10
- If your hard drive shows up in Disk Management
- Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation
- What if Windows 10 Keyboard is Not Working
- Windows 10 mouse lag
- If you have problems with Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers
- When Alt-Tab is not working
- How to fix corrupted memory card
- If you get an audio lag issue in Windows 10
- 'Class not registered' Issue on Windows 10? Use only the best methods!
- Testimonials for Uneraser
- [Solved!] Undelete files and how you can do it