Convert FLV files to MP4
FLV & MP4
FLV files are known as Flash Video files. This format was introduced by Macromedia and then developed by Adobe Systems. This open standard file format stores synchronized audio and video streams for digital video streaming through Adobe Flash Player v7 and later. FLV files support live streaming, progressive download, and third party programs.
MP4 (MPEG-4) was developed by the Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG) as a multimedia container for storing audio and video formats. This file format is the most popular format for videos, and also supports custom compression for audio and video file formats. MPEG-4 uses AAC compression for audio and MPEG-4 compression for video, and also supports video streaming and website loading
1. Use VLC
To manually convert FLV video files to MP4, you can use the dedicated VLC Media Player application, which supports converting between specific video file formats and allows you to customize codecs.
To get started, launch VLC Media Player, click the Media tab and select the Convert / Save option. On the next page, click Open Media and then click Add. Now you need to add .flv video files from the system for conversion and click on the button Convert / Save.
Next, go to the "Profile" section and select MP4 format from the list, now click "Start" and start the conversion process. This may take a while, so don't expect it to go away overnight.
2. Do it online
With a stable internet connection, you can visit any site online converter to convert FLV to MP4 file format. Keep in mind that most of these tools have file size limits (they can only convert files up to a certain size).
Usually, all sites work according to the same principle: you visit the required website for online conversion, then drag and drop or browse files from the system location, then select settings for video files and launch the corresponding conversion.
Make sure your data is safe
If after convert .flv to .mp4 you have inaccessible, deleted, damaged, encoded files or you need to recover data from disk, you can install DiskInternals Uneraser application. It is specially designed to recover both the entire disk and its individual files. It performs a thorough search for more than 99.99% of all content and will easily handle the recovery of any type of data in any difficult case:
- Virus attack
- Logical damage to the hard drive
- Operating system errors in various stress situations
- Accidental or deliberate deletion
To use this DiskInternals Uneraser software, you only need to download it from the official website and open it on your computer. The built-in recovery wizard will do the rest for you automatically. In addition, for the safety of DiskInternals customers has developed a free trial version of this tool, you can use right now, and very soon you will see that your files can still be returned back.
How to recover damaged or deleted files from hard drive with the help of DiskInternals Uneraser:
1. Download and install DiskInternals Uneraser on your device (Windows PC or laptop).
2. The recovery wizard will start automatically on a new page and ask you to select the basic data search parameters.
3. The scanning process will start (it can be a full or quick search); wait until the process of searching for your videos is completed.
4. Preview allows you to preview all found files and folders for free, just like in Explorer, by right-clicking the file on the video file and choosing "Preview in new window".
5. To save and export recovered video files, you just need to buy a license, enter a license key, activate the Export Wizard.
After that, you will also have full access to technical support for a full year.