Photoshop says it is not a PNG file: fix it now!
Here you will find out:
- how to fix this issue
- how DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
About this issue
Adobe Photoshop is an image editing and processing software for the Windows platform and supports all image formats from JPG to PNG. Sometimes, problems with this application occur and users report Not a PNG file error. As a result, the image is not loaded into the work area and cannot be edited. This error is not critical and there is a whole list of possible fixes, let's try it!
Make sure your files are safe with Uneraser
You must be sure of the safety of your personal information when working at the computer and when correcting a wide variety of errors in the system. The fact is that any malfunction of the operating system can lead to damage to the system disk partitions or to the complete loss of files. This can happen due to accidental deletion bypassing the recycle bin, downloading additional malicious software containing viruses, power outages in your area of residence, and other reasons. But don't panic, there are programs designed specifically for such situations.
Of course, one of the best among them is DiskInternals Uneraser - this is confirmed by the program's many years (more than 15 years) experience in the market. The program will allow you to recover lost or damaged files and folders, open external and internal drives from other operating systems and open damaged file system partitions without restoring them. This can happen when the disc is overwritten, which is bound to result in the loss of data permanently.
After downloading DiskInternals Uneraser from the website, launch it, the File Recovery Wizard will guide you through, partition selection, file type and scan mode. Next, you need to wait until the end of the scanning process to get complete information about the files available for recovery. By the way, this became possible thanks to the built-in preview of the recovered data, which is provided absolutely free in any version of the program.
To complete the recovery process and save the data to disk, you just need to purchase a DiskInternals Uneraser license key; Good luck!
Update the app
In order for Adobe Photoshop not to lose its relevance, to constantly improve and delight its owners, it is regularly updated. As a result, you get new features, improved compatibility and fixes for any bugs that have arisen. Therefore, if your program requires an update, do it urgently.
Examine specified file
Try changing the file extension to get rid of the “photoshop says not a PNG file” error. To do this, open the folder where the problematic image is saved and right-click it. Next, select "Open with Notepad" and pay attention to the first character:
- ÿØá - means that this is a JPG image
- ‰ PNG is a PNG
- ÿØÿá - means that you need to change the extension of the image to JPG.
Next, go to explorer and check the File name extensions box. Select the desired image with the right mouse button and click Rename. Change the file extension from PNG to JPG. Save the change and try opening the file in Photoshop.
Resave the file
To implement this method, right-click the image and open it with Paint. In the application, on the taskbar, select File, click Save As, and save the image as a PNG file. Now try opening the image in Photoshop without errors.
Change graphics preferences
To use Adobe Photoshop without photoshop not a PNG file error, you must disable the graphics processor. Launch Photoshop, go to Edit and select Preferences. Next, open Performance and go to the tab "Performance"- disable the "Use GPU" function. Now restart Photoshop and drag the problematic image to the Stage and check if the PNG file error is resolved.
Change the app preferences
Resetting Photoshop is also a great way to get rid of the “photoshop says not a PNG file” problem. To do this, in Photoshop, click Edit and open Preferences. Go to the "General" tab and click on the "Reset settings on exit" option. Restart your computer, then launch Photoshop and try to access the problematic image.
- Windows 10: Optimization for SSD
- File system error (-2147219196) occurs: your actions?
- What if Windows 10 apps won't open?
- How to clear cache in Windows 10?
- Undelete files from FAT and NTFS
- Here is how to convert M4A to WAV safely
- What to do if Gimp eraser is not working?
- What to Do if SD Card Needs to Be Formatted?
- Top Free Photo Editing Software for Windows 10
- How to Restore Deleted/Lost Files from Seagate Drive?
- Here is How to Convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word Document
- What if PDF Files Won't Open?
- How to Convert PDF to JPG in Windows 10
- [Solved] The system cannot find the file specified
- How to access Device Manager in Windows 10?
- Format a USB drive to a new file system
- When screensavers don’t work
-  Recycle Bin is corrupted in Windows? Fix it!
- DiskInternals unique technology for recovering deleted files and deleted folders
- Recover USB Files Without Formatting
- How to recover deleted photos from an SD card on an Android phone
- Recover NEF files: perform it fast and easy!
- How to perform 3DS SD card formation
- Recover an SD card files using CMD
- Fix the Issue: Recovery D Drive is Almost Full on Windows 10
- How to recover deleted files from a memory card
- How to recover deleted files on SD cards
- How to recover photos from a formatted SD card
- How to fix a damaged SD card
- BMP file recovery: restore deleted .bmp files now!
- OGG File Recovery - All You Need is Here
- SD card deleted file recovery
- Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
- Recover .jpg Files - All You Need to Know
- Hard Disk Full But No Files
- Invalid value for registry on JPG/JPEG/PNG files? Fix it!
- The difference between SDHC and SDXC
- Let’s fix ‘SD card won't format’ issue
- Incremental vs differential backup - what is the difference
- How to recover a deleted file
- Recover memory card
- Undelete files. Undelete zip. Unerase rar. Restore CAB files
- Recover Deleted Audio, Video and movies: mp3, wav, wma, avi, mov, mpg
- Recover Deleted Word documents - Recover Deleted Excel documents - Undelete documents
- Recover Deleted PDF Files: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Best Solution for USB Flash Drive Repair
- Recover Illustrator files today!
- Need to Recover deleted TIFF files? It's easy!
- Recover Unsaved or Deleted PSD Files Today!
- Accidentally formatted SD card
- Perform GIF recovery: all you need is here!
- The semaphore timeout period has expired error
- Deleted or lost PNG image? Recover it today!
- Desktop location is not available? Use these simple and practical solutions!
- Recover permanently deleted files from a PC
- Guide: How to recover deleted files in Windows 7
- USB error code 43? You can easily solve it!
- Can you fix a corrupted micro SD card?
- Damaged SD Card Recovery
- Deleted photos? Recovery is possible!
- CF Card Recovery - All That You Wanted to Know
- How to fix a corrupted SD card
- File recovery from SSDs
- The Device is Unreachable? Fix 0x80070141 Error Now!
- How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10
- How to Repair a Damaged SD Card without Formatting
- ‘The device is not ready’ error occurs: your actions
- How to change the file extension in Windows 10, 8, 7: a guide
- exFAT vs NTFS comparison
- Here is everything you need to know about TF Card
- How to recover deleted music files? Only workable solutions
- Here is everything you need to know to recover shift deleted files
- Here is everything you need to know to recover overwritten files
- What option should you choose to set up allocation unit size while formatting SD card?
- Screenshot recovery
- Recover Hidden Files in USB Drive - 4 Great Methods!
- Unsupported SD card and how to fix it
- [Solved] USB drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting? Use this guide
- How to fix no audio output device is installed error in windows 10
- Recover an orphaned file
- How to get back old photos
- Recover a USB Stick That Wants to be Formatted
- Solution to recover deleted photos on Windows 10
- Windows 10 can't open JPG file? 5 Methods to fix it!
- Unformat SD Cards at Home: how to do it safe
- Retrieve lost game data on Steam
- How to Defrag(Optimize) an External Hard Drive
- If You Cannot Delete the Folder
- SD Card Music Recovery: All You Need to Know
- How to recover deleted Skype messages
- Did your files were deleted by Avast Antivirus? Recover them!
- The program can't start because msvcr110.dll is missing
- How to Fix Windows kb4023057 Update Issue
- SD Card Recovery
- Recover deleted photos from SD card
- How to save a damaged SD card effortless?
- Photo Recovery From SD Card
- Recover Formatted SD Card
- How to recover files from a corrupted micro SD card
- Hard drive file recovery process
- Recover an InDesign File - All You Wanted to Know
- Best methods on how to fix JPEG error #53 are here
- Defrag SSD: Is it worth it?
- Cannot open volume for direct access
- Recovering Permanently Deleted Files: Possible or Not?
- How to read a corrupted SD card
- How to recover deleted files from external hard drive
- PDF Recovery: how to restore a corrupted PDF file
- Undelete files in Windows 10: fast and effortless
- Windows 10 Sticky Notes Missing
- Wsappx lead to high CPU usage? Fix the issue!
- Recover digital photographs and graphics, Undelete pictures
- Having Bad Image Error on Windows 10? Fix It!
- If Windows resource protection found corrupt files
- How to Speed Up Windows 10? Find the Solution!
- Do You Need to Defragment a Hard Drive in Windows10?
- [Win] Failed to Transfer Logged Messages with Status 50 Issue
- Device Descriptor Request Failed? Fix It!
- [Windows7] How to Free Up My Disk Space
- Provide flash Drive Recovery Today!
- 6 Ways of How to Transfer Files from PC to PC
- Perform WebP file recovery today!
- What is ORF file and how to recover it
- DNG file and how to recover it
- How to free up disk space? Find out it today!
- Recover Lost Photos Right Now!
- SVG file recovery with Uneraser
-  Best way to backup photos
- [Solved!]What to do if File Explorer keeps opening
- What are EPS files and how to restore them
- The computer is low on memory? You can fix it!
- For what Windows old folder needs? How to delete it?
- The file is too big for the destination file system
- SD card corrupted? Recover it!
- [Solved] How to get pictures off a broken phone
- Windows 8: recover deleted photos
- If external hard drive not working or responding
- Deleted MP3 file: a recovery guide
- How to undelete files on Mac file system
- Desktop icons missing? Recover them and your files!
- Windows 10 slow? Solve the problem!
- Recover deleted photos on Windows 7 today
- Make SDHC Card Recovery Today!
- How to undelete files in Windows 7/8/10
- Guide: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8
- How to make Cr2 File Recovery by yourself
- [Solved] Command Prompt keeps popping up? Stop it!
- An Issue: Windows could not complete the installation
- An application was unable to start? Fix the 0xc000007b error!
- Fix the Issue: Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed
- [Error] HP Laptop Has a Black Screen
- How to Upgrade Windows10 From 32-Bit to 64-Bit Safely
- If the external hard drive keeps disconnecting in Windows 10
- If your hard drive shows up in Disk Management
- Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation
- What if Windows 10 Keyboard is Not Working
- Windows 10 mouse lag
- If you have problems with Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers
- When Alt-Tab is not working
- How to fix corrupted memory card
- If you get an audio lag issue in Windows 10
- 'Class not registered' Issue on Windows 10? Use only the best methods!