Guide: Work With SKP Format Files Safely
Here you will find out:
- how to work with SKP Format Files
- how DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
Usually, SKP files are used to create plans for houses and buildings, however they can be used to create any professional 3D model.
This article focuses on the basic techniques for manipulating an SKP model on a Windows 10 computer.
So, to open the .SKP file, you can use any free 3D model viewer as long as it supports the SKP file format as input. For example, it could be the free pCon.planner software or the Sketchup web app (you can open the SKP file in a web browser).
SketchUp has provided a free desktop version of the software with some limitations for Windows computers for a while. Currently, SketchUp software releases are paid and require prior subscription. Users will then be able to download and use the SketchUp software on their computers.
Make Sure Your Projects are Safe
To get back and restore all saved information on your computer, including Sketchup file format, take a look at DiskInternals Uneraser. This professional-grade data recovery software combines speed, user-friendly intuitive interface, and high efficiency, proven by many years of experience (on the market since 2003). In addition, the utility can recover SKP file types even if they were not only on the hard drive, but also on SSD, flash drive, external hard drive, memory cards, IDE drive, SATA drive or SCSI drive, etc. The important point is that the system directory where the corruption of your data occurred should not be affected by you. Because any copying, pasting, creating or transferring files will overwrite the disk and permanently delete the data in the directory - in this case, your data will be lost forever.
So let's take a look at a simple guide to using DiskInternals Uneraser.
First download the demo version of DiskInternals Uneraser from the official website and run it. The Recovery Wizard will start its work automatically:
- Select the location on the system drive or external drive where the files were located.
- Select the disk scan mode: Reader, Uneraser or Full Recovery and click Next; wait a moment for the scanning process to complete.
After scanning, you should use the preview mode, it is available even in the trial version of DiskInternals Uneraser.
In this mode, you can see files that can be restored to their original form. Now all that remains is to purchase a license key for the program, which will allow you to save the recovered SKP files to any media.
With DiskInternals Uneraser, you no longer have to worry about unexpected system crashes and the possibility of losing essential files.
How to Work with SKP
Editing SKP models can be an easy task with the free pCon.planner software available for Windows 10.
This free software allows you to view, edit, create and convert various 3D models (SKP, DWG, 3DS, DAE, OBJ, GLB and other 3D files). So, here are the steps you need to take to edit the SKP model using the free pCon.planner software:
- 1. Download and install pCon.planner on your Windows 10/11 computer and run the application.
- 2. Open the SKP file (File > Open) and modify the 3D model using various tools. 3D modeling tools can be found on the Start and Edit tabs, including texture editor, insert point, material editor, draw polyline, arc, rectangle, and cuboid, extrude, stroke, move, add text, merge, transform tools, and more. Also, you can use the integrated 3D warehouse function. With it, you can search and download related 3D components on the Internet.
- 3. Save the new file in its native or other 3D format. Once you're done editing the SKP model, you can open the File menu and select the Export option. Then click Geometry and save the file in its original format. Please note that you can convert the SKP model format to other 3D formats such as DAE, DXF, DWG, FBX and other formats.
Now, knowing all the nuances of this application, go to its official website and download this free pCon.planner software.
You can also use the free online SketchUp tool to edit SKP files right on the web.
- 1. Open your web browser and go to the official Sketchup web app.
- 2. Be sure to register and log into your account.
- 3. Import the SKP model (click Open from Device and you will now be able to render the 3D model contained in the imported file).
- 4. Edit the model with the available tools such as line drawing, rectangle, push / pull, outer shell, move, tape measure, and you can also edit scenes, change styles, and search for components on the web.
- 5. Save the edited SKP model to your computer by clicking the three-bar menu in the upper-left corner and selecting Download and then SKP. Export SKP files to PNG and STL file formats.
Now that you know all the nuances of this application, go to its official website and download this free SketchUp software.
- Here is How to Use Word to JPG Converter Safely
- Here is How to Recover Deleted Files on Android Phone
- 3 Tips on How to Find Deleted iMessages
- What option should you choose to set up allocation unit size while formatting SD card?
- Guide: Convert M4B to MP3
- Here is how to convert MOV to GIF
- A device attached to the system is not functioning: fix
- Guide: convert AVI to GIF
- What to do if the Process System isn't responding?
- Here is how to resize an image in Gimp safely
- How to convert DDS to PNG
- What OTG connection is? How to use it?
- What to do if iPhone photos disappeared?
- Here is how to convert AIFF to MP3
- [Solved] The system cannot find the file specified
- The difference between SDHC and SDXC
- ‘The device is not ready’ error occurs: your actions
- Windows 10: Optimization for SSD
- File system error (-2147219196) occurs: your actions?
- What if Windows 10 apps won't open?
- How to clear cache in Windows 10?
- Here is how to convert M4A to WAV safely
- What to do if Gimp eraser is not working?
- What to Do if SD Card Needs to Be Formatted?
- Top Free Photo Editing Software for Windows 10
- What to do if Photoshop says it is not a PNG file?
- How to Restore Deleted/Lost Files from Seagate Drive?
- Here is How to Convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word Document
- What if PDF Files Won't Open?
- How to Convert PDF to JPG in Windows 10
- How to access Device Manager in Windows 10?
- Format a USB drive to a new file system
- When screensavers don’t work
-  Recycle Bin is corrupted in Windows? Fix it!
- DiskInternals unique technology for recovering deleted files and deleted folders
- Recover USB Files Without Formatting
- How to recover deleted photos from an SD card on an Android phone
- Recover NEF files: perform it fast and easy!
- How to perform 3DS SD card formation
- Recover an SD card files using CMD
- Fix the Issue: Recovery D Drive is Almost Full on Windows 10
- How to recover deleted files from a memory card
- How to recover deleted files on SD cards
- How to recover photos from a formatted SD card
- How to fix a damaged SD card
- BMP file recovery: restore deleted .bmp files now!
- OGG File Recovery - All You Need is Here
- SD card deleted file recovery
- Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
- Recover .jpg Files - All You Need to Know
- Hard Disk Full But No Files
- Invalid value for registry on JPG/JPEG/PNG files? Fix it!
- Let’s fix ‘SD card won't format’ issue
- Incremental vs differential backup - what is the difference
- How to recover a deleted file
- Recover memory card
- Undelete files. Undelete zip. Unerase rar. Restore CAB files
- Recover Deleted Audio, Video and movies: mp3, wav, wma, avi, mov, mpg
- Recover Deleted Word documents - Recover Deleted Excel documents - Undelete documents
- Recover Deleted PDF Files: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Best Solution for USB Flash Drive Repair
- Recover Illustrator files today!
- Need to Recover deleted TIFF files? It's easy!
- Recover Unsaved or Deleted PSD Files Today!
- Accidentally formatted SD card
- Perform GIF recovery: all you need is here!
- The semaphore timeout period has expired error
- Deleted or lost PNG image? Recover it today!
- Desktop location is not available? Use these simple and practical solutions!
- Recover permanently deleted files from a PC
- Guide: How to recover deleted files in Windows 7
- USB error code 43? You can easily solve it!
- Can you fix a corrupted micro SD card?
- Damaged SD Card Recovery
- Deleted photos? Recovery is possible!
- CF Card Recovery - All That You Wanted to Know
- How to fix a corrupted SD card
- File recovery from SSDs
- The Device is Unreachable? Fix 0x80070141 Error Now!
- How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10
- How to Repair a Damaged SD Card without Formatting
- How to change the file extension in Windows 10, 8, 7: a guide
- exFAT vs NTFS comparison
- Here is everything you need to know about TF Card
- How to recover deleted music files? Only workable solutions
- Here is everything you need to know to recover shift deleted files
- Here is everything you need to know to recover overwritten files
- Screenshot recovery
- Recover Hidden Files in USB Drive - 4 Great Methods!
- Unsupported SD card and how to fix it
- [Solved] USB drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting? Use this guide
- How to fix no audio output device is installed error in windows 10
- Recover an orphaned file
- How to get back old photos
- Recover a USB Stick That Wants to be Formatted
- Solution to recover deleted photos on Windows 10
- Windows 10 can't open JPG file? 5 Methods to fix it!
- Unformat SD Cards at Home: how to do it safe
- Retrieve lost game data on Steam
- How to Defrag(Optimize) an External Hard Drive
- If You Cannot Delete the Folder
- SD Card Music Recovery: All You Need to Know
- How to recover deleted Skype messages
- Did your files were deleted by Avast Antivirus? Recover them!
- The program can't start because msvcr110.dll is missing
- How to Fix Windows kb4023057 Update Issue
- SD Card Recovery
- Recover deleted photos from SD card
- How to save a damaged SD card effortless?
- Photo Recovery From SD Card
- Recover Formatted SD Card
- How to recover files from a corrupted micro SD card
- Hard drive file recovery process
- Recover an InDesign File - All You Wanted to Know
- Best methods on how to fix JPEG error #53 are here
- Defrag SSD: Is it worth it?
- Cannot open volume for direct access
- Recovering Permanently Deleted Files: Possible or Not?
- How to read a corrupted SD card
- How to recover deleted files from external hard drive
- PDF Recovery: how to restore a corrupted PDF file
- Undelete files in Windows 10: fast and effortless
- Windows 10 Sticky Notes Missing
- Wsappx lead to high CPU usage? Fix the issue!
- Recover digital photographs and graphics, Undelete pictures
- Having Bad Image Error on Windows 10? Fix It!
- If Windows resource protection found corrupt files
- How to Speed Up Windows 10? Find the Solution!
- Do You Need to Defragment a Hard Drive in Windows10?
- [Win] Failed to Transfer Logged Messages with Status 50 Issue
- Device Descriptor Request Failed? Fix It!
- [Windows7] How to Free Up My Disk Space
- Provide flash Drive Recovery Today!
- 6 Ways of How to Transfer Files from PC to PC
- Perform WebP file recovery today!
- What is ORF file and how to recover it
- DNG file and how to recover it
- How to free up disk space? Find out it today!
- Recover Lost Photos Right Now!
- SVG file recovery with Uneraser
-  Best way to backup photos
- [Solved!]What to do if File Explorer keeps opening
- What are EPS files and how to restore them
- The computer is low on memory? You can fix it!
- For what Windows old folder needs? How to delete it?
- The file is too big for the destination file system
- SD card corrupted? Recover it!
- [Solved] How to get pictures off a broken phone
- Windows 8: recover deleted photos
- If external hard drive not working or responding
- Deleted MP3 file: a recovery guide
- How to undelete files on Mac file system
- Desktop icons missing? Recover them and your files!
- Windows 10 slow? Solve the problem!
- Recover deleted photos on Windows 7 today
- Make SDHC Card Recovery Today!
- How to undelete files in Windows 7/8/10
- Guide: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8
- How to make Cr2 File Recovery by yourself
- [Solved] Command Prompt keeps popping up? Stop it!
- An Issue: Windows could not complete the installation
- An application was unable to start? Fix the 0xc000007b error!
- Fix the Issue: Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed
- [Error] HP Laptop Has a Black Screen
- How to Upgrade Windows10 From 32-Bit to 64-Bit Safely
- If the external hard drive keeps disconnecting in Windows 10
- If your hard drive shows up in Disk Management
- Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation
- What if Windows 10 Keyboard is Not Working
- Windows 10 mouse lag
- If you have problems with Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers
- When Alt-Tab is not working
- How to fix corrupted memory card
- If you get an audio lag issue in Windows 10
- 'Class not registered' Issue on Windows 10? Use only the best methods!
- Testimonials for Uneraser
- [Solved!] Undelete files and how you can do it