Guide: Work With SKP Format Files Safely
Here you will find out:
- how to work with SKP Format Files
- how DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
Usually, SKP files are used to create plans for houses and buildings, however they can be used to create any professional 3D model.
This article focuses on the basic techniques for manipulating an SKP model on a Windows 10 computer.
So, to open the .SKP file, you can use any free 3D model viewer as long as it supports the SKP file format as input. For example, it could be the free pCon.planner software or the Sketchup web app (you can open the SKP file in a web browser).
SketchUp has provided a free desktop version of the software with some limitations for Windows computers for a while. Currently, SketchUp software releases are paid and require prior subscription. Users will then be able to download and use the SketchUp software on their computers.
Make Sure Your Projects are Safe
To get back and restore all saved information on your computer, including Sketchup file format, take a look at DiskInternals Uneraser. This professional-grade data recovery software combines speed, user-friendly intuitive interface, and high efficiency, proven by many years of experience (on the market since 2003). In addition, the utility can recover SKP file types even if they were not only on the hard drive, but also on SSD, flash drive, external hard drive, memory cards, IDE drive, SATA drive or SCSI drive, etc. The important point is that the system directory where the corruption of your data occurred should not be affected by you. Because any copying, pasting, creating or transferring files will overwrite the disk and permanently delete the data in the directory - in this case, your data will be lost forever.
So let's take a look at a simple guide to using DiskInternals Uneraser.
First download the demo version of DiskInternals Uneraser from the official website and run it. The Recovery Wizard will start its work automatically:
- Select the location on the system drive or external drive where the files were located.
- Select the disk scan mode: Reader, Uneraser or Full Recovery and click Next; wait a moment for the scanning process to complete.
After scanning, you should use the preview mode, it is available even in the trial version of DiskInternals Uneraser.
In this mode, you can see files that can be restored to their original form. Now all that remains is to purchase a license key for the program, which will allow you to save the recovered SKP files to any media.
With DiskInternals Uneraser, you no longer have to worry about unexpected system crashes and the possibility of losing essential files.
How to Work with SKP
Editing SKP models can be an easy task with the free pCon.planner software available for Windows 10.
This free software allows you to view, edit, create and convert various 3D models (SKP, DWG, 3DS, DAE, OBJ, GLB and other 3D files). So, here are the steps you need to take to edit the SKP model using the free pCon.planner software:
- 1. Download and install pCon.planner on your Windows 10/11 computer and run the application.
- 2. Open the SKP file (File > Open) and modify the 3D model using various tools. 3D modeling tools can be found on the Start and Edit tabs, including texture editor, insert point, material editor, draw polyline, arc, rectangle, and cuboid, extrude, stroke, move, add text, merge, transform tools, and more. Also, you can use the integrated 3D warehouse function. With it, you can search and download related 3D components on the Internet.
- 3. Save the new file in its native or other 3D format. Once you're done editing the SKP model, you can open the File menu and select the Export option. Then click Geometry and save the file in its original format. Please note that you can convert the SKP model format to other 3D formats such as DAE, DXF, DWG, FBX and other formats.
Now, knowing all the nuances of this application, go to its official website and download this free pCon.planner software.
You can also use the free online SketchUp tool to edit SKP files right on the web.
- 1. Open your web browser and go to the official Sketchup web app.
- 2. Be sure to register and log into your account.
- 3. Import the SKP model (click Open from Device and you will now be able to render the 3D model contained in the imported file).
- 4. Edit the model with the available tools such as line drawing, rectangle, push / pull, outer shell, move, tape measure, and you can also edit scenes, change styles, and search for components on the web.
- 5. Save the edited SKP model to your computer by clicking the three-bar menu in the upper-left corner and selecting Download and then SKP. Export SKP files to PNG and STL file formats.
Now that you know all the nuances of this application, go to its official website and download this free SketchUp software.