How to recover files from a corrupted micro SD card
In the modern world, a person must maintain a huge flow of information. Therefore, to facilitate this task, there is a portable memory device, the microSD card. Its tiny size allows you to store a lot of data, and besides, you can use it at any time.
But microSD card can be corrupted... What to do and how to access the data?
In that article, you will find all information that you need.
Damaged micro SD card? Check it!
How do you check if a micro SD card is corrupted? There are several methods: use them and maybe your documents can easily come back to you.
For starters, try finding another card reader. It often happens that your computer is incompatible with a micro SD card. This happens if you insert a micro SD card into your computer, but it does not recognize it. Try using a different computer or card reader.
Another common problem is write protection. You connect the microSD card to the computer and see the message “The disk is write-protected; unprotect or use another” on the screen. To solve this problem, move the lock lever on the micro SD card in the opposite direction. Now try reconnecting the memory card to the card reader on the computer. In any case, if you want to save any documents, do not format your damaged micro SD card.
Micro SD card corrupted? Recovery is possible!
Repairing a damaged micro SD card is possible! It is easy to do with the help of software for recovery of damaged micro SD cards. Use DiskInternals Uneraser: it will be the easiest way. The software has a simple and accessible interface. Even if you are a beginner, you can easily retrieve data from a corrupted micro SD card using the built-in recovery wizard.
But! As soon as your micro SD card is corrupted, stop using it. Otherwise, data may be overwritten and you will no longer be able to retrieve your documents.
Unlike other software, DiskInternals Uneraser will restore the documents with their previous names. You can use a free trial version to check if it is possible to recovery the SD card. After making sure that your data can be recovered, you can purchase a license and save documents. In other words, DiskInternals Uneraser is a worthy tool that will help you to retrieve documents from a corrupted micro SD card, both professionals and ordinary users.
Be sure that your memory card are not formatted. Because if you need to recover formatted SD card, manual will be another.
Manual on how to retrieve data from a damaged micro SD card
Follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- 1. Connect the damaged micro SD card to the card reader on the computer.
- 2. Download and run DiskInternals Uneraser.
- 3. Open DI Uneraser and left-click the wizard icon. Press "Next".
- 4. On the screen, you will see your micro SD card among others disks. Select it with the left mouse button and click the “Next” button.
- 5. Scan the disk. This procedure will take some time; so you may go about your business.
- 6. Preview and restore. Select the documents you want to recover. Right-click and select "Preview in a new window" or press the Ctrl + P hotkey.
- In a new window, you will see your file’s content.
- Next, click the red cross named "Recovery". Select the file’s new location on your computer (but don’t save the recovered file on the same corrupted card!).
- 7. If you want to save the found files, simply purchase a software license and enter the license key.
You have made sure that, with DiskInternals Uneraser, you can easily and simply recover data from a corrupted micro SD.
Good luck to you!