Gimp eraser is not working? Fix it now!
Here you will find out:
- how to deal with this issue
- how DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
About this issue
GIMP is a free photo and image editing tool. Although it is inferior to Photoshop as it lacks specific features, it is still one of the best and most requested image editors out there. One of the most common problems in a GIMP application is the eraser not working. Since this tool is key in image editing, the problem of “gimp eraser not working” is critical. In today's article I will describe how to correct this situation and to take advantage of the eraser freely.
Let's fix it
1. Make sure your digital photographs and graphics are safe!
DiskInternals Uneraser is hardly comparable to any other application. This software has been on the market for over 15 years and has established itself as the best in graphic data recovery. This professional tool can recover various types of image formats, including: ARW, BMP, CRW, ERF, GIF, INDD, CR2, DCR, DNG, DCR, JPG, JPEG, K25, KDC, MRW, MEF, MOS, NEF, NRW, ORF, PSD, RAW, SR2, SWF, SVG, SRF, PEF, PNG, RAF, TIFF, TIF, TGA, WMF, X3F and more!
DiskInternals Uneraser retrieves deleted images and photos not only from classic computer hard drives, but also from SSD and eMMC, SD memory cards, an digital cameras, among others. Another good and essential feature is the built-in recovery wizard to help you recover deleted images, even if this is your first time.
You can preview deleted photos after scanning and you can be sure that they will be recovered correctly. Thanks to a special search technology, you can not only preview your files, but also find photos by their original / previous name, and the metadata of the files is used to recover not only images, but also their file names. A user-friendly and intuitive simple interface makes it easy to recover deleted photos and images without leaving home.
The following guide for DiskInternals Uneraser software will help you recover deleted or corrupted images from any drive.
Step 1. Download the DiskInternals product, run the program and click the "Next" button until the installation is complete.
Step 2. Open and left-click the wizard icon.
Step 3. On the screen, you will see all the storage devices that you have on your computer (hard disk, USB, SD card, etc.), left click the disk with the deleted photo.
Step 4. Select the type of file you want to recover (BMP, GIF, CRW, CR2, NEF, JPEG, TIFF / TIF, PNG, ORF, RAF and others).
Step 5. Scan the disk: select the desired scan option with the left mouse button.
Step 6. Files that can be recovered will be marked with a red cross in the upper left corner.
Step 7. Preview these files for free and start exporting data. It is available after purchasing a license for this application for a small amount of money.
Enjoy the results and your work done.
2. Use alpha channel
Add an alpha channel so that the GIMP eraser erases to transparency.
So, select the layer with the content you want to erase and right-click on it. Select Add Alpha Channel and try erasing the content again.
3. Adjust preferences
Check some layer and eraser settings if the previous solution didn't help.
So, make sure that the selected layer is not locked; you need to deselect all three icons. The wireframe eraser is not working.
Next, make sure that no area is selected on your layer: press Shift + Ctrl + A to deselect everything.
Also check options such as the opacity, size and hardness of the eraser. The parameter "Erasure protection" must be disabled.
Otherwise, return the eraser to its defaults:
Select the eraser in GIMP and just click the Restore Defaults icon.
If the problem of "gimp eraser not erasing" is not associated with the eraser settings, go to the next solution.
4. Reload the app
Usually, after restarting the GIMP software, the problem with the eraser will be permanently resolved.
To do this, close GIMP completely and wait a couple of minutes.
Now, start GIMP again, it should work.
- Windows 10: Optimization for SSD
- File system error (-2147219196) occurs: your actions?
- What if Windows 10 apps won't open?
- How to clear cache in Windows 10?
- Undelete files from FAT and NTFS
- Here is how to convert M4A to WAV safely
- What to Do if SD Card Needs to Be Formatted?
- Top Free Photo Editing Software for Windows 10
- What to do if Photoshop says it is not a PNG file?
- How to Restore Deleted/Lost Files from Seagate Drive?
- Here is How to Convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word Document
- What if PDF Files Won't Open?
- How to Convert PDF to JPG in Windows 10
- [Solved] The system cannot find the file specified
- How to access Device Manager in Windows 10?
- Format a USB drive to a new file system
- When screensavers don’t work
-  Recycle Bin is corrupted in Windows? Fix it!
- DiskInternals unique technology for recovering deleted files and deleted folders
- Recover USB Files Without Formatting
- How to recover deleted photos from an SD card on an Android phone
- Recover NEF files: perform it fast and easy!
- How to perform 3DS SD card formation
- Recover an SD card files using CMD
- Fix the Issue: Recovery D Drive is Almost Full on Windows 10
- How to recover deleted files from a memory card
- How to recover deleted files on SD cards
- How to recover photos from a formatted SD card
- How to fix a damaged SD card
- BMP file recovery: restore deleted .bmp files now!
- OGG File Recovery - All You Need is Here
- SD card deleted file recovery
- Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
- Recover .jpg Files - All You Need to Know
- Hard Disk Full But No Files
- Invalid value for registry on JPG/JPEG/PNG files? Fix it!
- The difference between SDHC and SDXC
- Let’s fix ‘SD card won't format’ issue
- Incremental vs differential backup - what is the difference
- How to recover a deleted file
- Recover memory card
- Undelete files. Undelete zip. Unerase rar. Restore CAB files
- Recover Deleted Audio, Video and movies: mp3, wav, wma, avi, mov, mpg
- Recover Deleted Word documents - Recover Deleted Excel documents - Undelete documents
- Recover Deleted PDF Files: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Best Solution for USB Flash Drive Repair
- Recover Illustrator files today!
- Need to Recover deleted TIFF files? It's easy!
- Recover Unsaved or Deleted PSD Files Today!
- Accidentally formatted SD card
- Perform GIF recovery: all you need is here!
- The semaphore timeout period has expired error
- Deleted or lost PNG image? Recover it today!
- Desktop location is not available? Use these simple and practical solutions!
- Recover permanently deleted files from a PC
- Guide: How to recover deleted files in Windows 7
- USB error code 43? You can easily solve it!
- Can you fix a corrupted micro SD card?
- Damaged SD Card Recovery
- Deleted photos? Recovery is possible!
- CF Card Recovery - All That You Wanted to Know
- How to fix a corrupted SD card
- File recovery from SSDs
- The Device is Unreachable? Fix 0x80070141 Error Now!
- How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10
- How to Repair a Damaged SD Card without Formatting
- ‘The device is not ready’ error occurs: your actions
- How to change the file extension in Windows 10, 8, 7: a guide
- exFAT vs NTFS comparison
- Here is everything you need to know about TF Card
- How to recover deleted music files? Only workable solutions
- Here is everything you need to know to recover shift deleted files
- Here is everything you need to know to recover overwritten files
- What option should you choose to set up allocation unit size while formatting SD card?
- Screenshot recovery
- Recover Hidden Files in USB Drive - 4 Great Methods!
- Unsupported SD card and how to fix it
- [Solved] USB drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting? Use this guide
- How to fix no audio output device is installed error in windows 10
- Recover an orphaned file
- How to get back old photos
- Recover a USB Stick That Wants to be Formatted
- Solution to recover deleted photos on Windows 10
- Windows 10 can't open JPG file? 5 Methods to fix it!
- Unformat SD Cards at Home: how to do it safe
- Retrieve lost game data on Steam
- How to Defrag(Optimize) an External Hard Drive
- If You Cannot Delete the Folder
- SD Card Music Recovery: All You Need to Know
- How to recover deleted Skype messages
- Did your files were deleted by Avast Antivirus? Recover them!
- The program can't start because msvcr110.dll is missing
- How to Fix Windows kb4023057 Update Issue
- SD Card Recovery
- Recover deleted photos from SD card
- How to save a damaged SD card effortless?
- Photo Recovery From SD Card
- Recover Formatted SD Card
- How to recover files from a corrupted micro SD card
- Hard drive file recovery process
- Recover an InDesign File - All You Wanted to Know
- Best methods on how to fix JPEG error #53 are here
- Defrag SSD: Is it worth it?
- Cannot open volume for direct access
- Recovering Permanently Deleted Files: Possible or Not?
- How to read a corrupted SD card
- How to recover deleted files from external hard drive
- PDF Recovery: how to restore a corrupted PDF file
- Undelete files in Windows 10: fast and effortless
- Windows 10 Sticky Notes Missing
- Wsappx lead to high CPU usage? Fix the issue!
- Recover digital photographs and graphics, Undelete pictures
- Having Bad Image Error on Windows 10? Fix It!
- If Windows resource protection found corrupt files
- How to Speed Up Windows 10? Find the Solution!
- Do You Need to Defragment a Hard Drive in Windows10?
- [Win] Failed to Transfer Logged Messages with Status 50 Issue
- Device Descriptor Request Failed? Fix It!
- [Windows7] How to Free Up My Disk Space
- Provide flash Drive Recovery Today!
- 6 Ways of How to Transfer Files from PC to PC
- Perform WebP file recovery today!
- What is ORF file and how to recover it
- DNG file and how to recover it
- How to free up disk space? Find out it today!
- Recover Lost Photos Right Now!
- SVG file recovery with Uneraser
-  Best way to backup photos
- [Solved!]What to do if File Explorer keeps opening
- What are EPS files and how to restore them
- The computer is low on memory? You can fix it!
- For what Windows old folder needs? How to delete it?
- The file is too big for the destination file system
- SD card corrupted? Recover it!
- [Solved] How to get pictures off a broken phone
- Windows 8: recover deleted photos
- If external hard drive not working or responding
- Deleted MP3 file: a recovery guide
- How to undelete files on Mac file system
- Desktop icons missing? Recover them and your files!
- Windows 10 slow? Solve the problem!
- Recover deleted photos on Windows 7 today
- Make SDHC Card Recovery Today!
- How to undelete files in Windows 7/8/10
- Guide: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8
- How to make Cr2 File Recovery by yourself
- [Solved] Command Prompt keeps popping up? Stop it!
- An Issue: Windows could not complete the installation
- An application was unable to start? Fix the 0xc000007b error!
- Fix the Issue: Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed
- [Error] HP Laptop Has a Black Screen
- How to Upgrade Windows10 From 32-Bit to 64-Bit Safely
- If the external hard drive keeps disconnecting in Windows 10
- If your hard drive shows up in Disk Management
- Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation
- What if Windows 10 Keyboard is Not Working
- Windows 10 mouse lag
- If you have problems with Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers
- When Alt-Tab is not working
- How to fix corrupted memory card
- If you get an audio lag issue in Windows 10
- 'Class not registered' Issue on Windows 10? Use only the best methods!