Here is How to Find Deleted iMessages
Here you will find out:
- how to find deleted iMessages
- how DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
Various methods will be presented here, namely:
- Recovering data from an iCloud or iTunes backup
- Recovering data using an app that scans backups for deleted data
- Recovering data using an app that scans your computer for deleted data
1. Use Professional Software
This method is safe and reliable, as the professional application DiskInternals Uneraser has been helping users for over 15 years to recover messages, photos, images, music, videos, and documents that have disappeared for any reason.
DiskInternals Uneraser has two types of scans - Fast (shallow) and Deep; it all depends on your preference. In addition, DiskInternals Uneraser suggests using read mode to view inaccessible files. You can also use the free version of the program to create a disk image. DiskInternals Uneraser is equipped with a professional yet simple and unobtrusive built-in Recovery Wizard.
Therefore, if you are doing this for the first time and you are concerned you won’t be able to cope with this task, you simply activate the Wizard at the beginning of the path and do not think about anything else. Before spending money and buying a license, download and use a free trial. Only after you view the recovered data and make sure that all information has been recovered efficiently and correctly, do you have to purchase a license agreement. Also keep in mind that the license provides for the possibility of round-the-clock technical support for customers throughout the year.
Instructions are attached:
1. Download and install the professional utility DiskInternals Uneraser from the official website.
2. Select the basic search parameters for data from a damaged hard drive (the Recovery Wizard will help you with this).
3. Select the desired scan mode and click Next.
4. Preview and Restore: Click the file and select Preview in New Window Now you will be completely sure that your data will be restored properly.
5. If you want to save the recovered files from your hard drive, just buy a license and enter the license key. Now the program itself will ask you to select a location to save the data and will complete the data export.
2. Use OS Backups
You can restore iMessages from iCloud or iTunes backup if you have one.
However, this will not always be the best way because if your backups are old, they may not contain the data you need.
You should be aware of one more nuance: this method involves a complete removal of the current data from the device, then old data is restored to this free space. That is, all new data from this moment until the moment the backup is created will be deleted.
However, this method is completely free and also built into the system, so many users use it in the first place.
So, to restore a device from a backup, open General Settings, click Reset. Then click Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your password and confirm your actions again.
After completing the deletion of data, the device will reboot. Next, connect to Wi-Fi and go to iCloud, now select the appropriate backup and your device will be restored.
3. Find them in iExplorer
You can also recover iMessages using iExplorer. This method is paid and you will be able to restore messages from backup archives without restoring the entire backup. That is, you can search for the deleted data you want in the backup content and then export that data back to your device. iExplorer is available for Windows and Mac and costs about $ 40. This app lets you browse the file system of your iPhone or iPad, and connect your iOS device directly in Windows Explorer or Finder on Mac.
So, connect your device to your computer and launch iExplorer. Next, look at your iTunes backup in the left sidebar. Next, select any data type you want to recover and export your conversations to text, comma separated values (CSV), or PDF.