What Are The Solutions For 'Unable to Finish Connecting to Virtual Disk Service'?
When Disk Management is unable to connect to virtual disk service on Windows 10, the issue can be linked to corrupted files, malware attacks, or improper configurations. This error makes it unable for you to access your virtual drives and manage them; however, there are ways to fix it.
Here you will find out:
- how to deal with 'disk management connecting to virtual disk service hangs' error
- how DiskInternals software can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
What Are The Solutions?
Here are few methods that can be helpful and any of them can be your solution.
1. Check Hardware
The first thing you should do is to check the external hardware devices connected to your PC and remove them.
It could be a phone, a USB device, or any other device; simply remove the device and try again.
2. Access Services Manually
What if Virtual Disk Service (VDS) is disabled in your PC and you didn’t know? Well, run this command to activate and run it manually.
- Get into the Windows Services page (press Windows key + R and type services.msc to access the page).
- Look out for Virtual Disk Service.
- Double-click on it when you see it.
- Set the “Startup Type” to Manual or Automatic.
- Click OK to save.
3. Use The Cyberlink Option
If Cyberlink Virtual Drive is disabled on startup, it may be impossible to access VDS on your PC. Hence, you should enable Cyberlink Virtual Drive and check if the problem is solved.
4. Re-Configure Windows Defender
Windows OS system from malicious attacks. However, Windows Defender can block a lot of features, which can in turn trigger the error you're seeing. Here's how to disable Windows Defender:
- Press Windows key + R and type "gpedit.msc".
- Hit the “Enter” key to open Local Group Policy Editor.
- Go to Computer Configuration >>> Administrative Templates >>> Windows Components >>> Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Open the Windows Defender Antivirus page and double-click on “Turn-off Windows Defender Antivirus.”
- Click “Enable” and then OK.
SFC and DISM commands can fix several Windows errors. To run the commands, follow the guide below:
Open Command Prompt as admin,
Type this command: SFC /scannow,
Hit the “Enter” key to run it,
Allow the process to run completely,
Close the command prompt and reopen it to run the DISM command,
Type these commands:
- DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth;
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
Always hit the Enter key after typing each of them,
Restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed.
6. Try Disk Management Alternative
Still haven’t fixed the issue? Try DiskPart. Press Windows Key + R and type diskpart into the Run box, then the “Enter” key. When the DiskPart tool launches, you can now use commands to manage your disks. This is for advanced users, anyway.
How To Protect Your Data
To checkmate data loss scenarios, it is important to create disk images for your important files and data. This can be done using DiskInternals VMFS Recovery software. Also, if you already lost some data from your virtual drives, DiskInternals VMFS Recovery can help you to get them back. This software program is the ultimate solution to virtual disk data recovery. It has the capability to recover lost files from corrupted VMFS-formatted drives, VMDK images on VMware vSphere, ESXi/ESX Servers, and other inaccessible hard drives.
DiskInternals VMFS Recovery supports virtually all known file system formats and comes with a built-in Wizard that puts you through the recovery process. More interestingly, this software supports Unicode filenames and multi-level folders. It goes on to support all features of DiskInternals RAID Recovery, as well as allow you to preview the recovered files before downloading them to your system. This software is trusted by IT professionals and forensic specialists for over 15 years now.
- VMware Horizon and its components
- Want to increase VirtualBox disk size? Here is a guide on how to do it safely!
- VMFS UNMAP: What is It?
- VMFS Recovery software as a solution for NFS data repair
- VMFS Recovery™ for VMware Data Recovery
- Restore a VMDK file
- Restore VMware VM with snapshot(delta.vmdk) files
- repair VMDK files in VMware | DiskInternals VMFS Recovery™
- Restore VMware virtual machine from VMDK file
- VMware vMotion storage: What do You Need to Know
- VMware vs Hyper-V Comparison
- VMFS Block Size: How to Choose
- What is the difference between VMware HA vs vMotion
- What is ESXi Recovery Mode
- How to Fix/Repair Corrupted VMDK Files Effortless
- VMware RAW Device Mapping and File Recovery
- Difference between ESX vs ESXi
- Thick vs Thin Provisioning: All You Wanted to Know
- How to Upgrade VMFS from 3 to 5th version
- Virtualization technology: what is it and how does it work?
- VMware vMotion: all you need to know
- What is VMware HA?
- VMware Fault Tolerance: what is it and how does it work?
- VMware: clone and data recovery
- What is VMware DRS?
- VMware vMotion requirements: for VMs and for hosts
- VMware vMotion vs storage vMotion: all you wanted to know
- VMware FT vs VMware HA: what the difference?
- VMware Workstation and Its Uses
- ESX Partitions: All You Wanted to Know
- What is Space Reclamation and How to Perform It
- What is VMware vSphere
- VMkernel and Its Interactions with Storage
- VMware Infrastructure: What Components are Used
- What is VMware vCenter Server and How Does It Works
- How to Manage VMware ESXi
- Virtualization: How Does It Work?
- VMkernel Ports and Networking Layers
- VMware Cold and Hot Migration: What Is It
- What is Virtual Desktop Infrastructure(VDI)?
- The importance of snapshots in VMWare
- What is vVol and How Does That Work
- What is a VM Cluster and How to Create It
- What is VM Host Server
- Find Your Reason for a Virtual Machine Usage
- Mounting Hard Drives (vmdk files) of a Virtual Machine Running on a ESX Server
- What is Thin Provisioning?
- iSCSI LUN and Data Recovery
- What is VMware vCloud Suite
- VMware Template vs VMware Clone: the differences and common
- VirtualBox: "No bootable medium found" issue
- VM: Hyper-V Integrated Services
- Hyper-V Checkpoint and Its Importance for VM
- Hyper-V Export VM: How Does It Work
- ESXi Free Limitations: Pros and Cons
- Convert VMware to Hyper-V Fast and Safe
- What is Hyper-V VDI and Its Benefits
- VMware: Workstation Pro vs Workstation Player
- Convert VHD to VMDK
- What is VMware vSphere and vCenter
- What is NVRAM? Are these files important?
- VMware vs VirtualBox: What Is The Difference
- VMware Content Library: What Is It and How Does It Work
- Recover Deleted VMDK from Datastore Today
- Is VMware virtual machine inaccessible? Fix it!
- Recover VM from flat VMDK - The Best Solutions
- Mounting Server Disks
- What is VMware VDS and How It Works
- How to Use VirtualBox Correctly
- P2V vs VMware: What is Better for You?
- How to Install Kali Linux VMware
- How to install Kali Linux on VirtualBox
- VMware ESXi Root and Default Password
- What is VMware networking?
- VHDX Files and How to Mount Them on Windows
- What is Asynchronous Replication
- Disaster Recovery Checklist: You Need A Plan
- How to open VMDK files
- VMware EVC Mode
- Comparison VDI vs Citrix
- VMware NFS vs VMFS
- NSX-T and NSX-v
- AWS EBS Snapshots
- Hyper-V Nested Virtualization
- About VirtualBox full screen
- About VirtualBox network settings
- About VMware home lab
- Install VirtualBox Extension Pack
- Physical and virtual servers
- What is Hyper-V USB Passthrough
- Hyper-V Virtual SAN
- VMware Player and VMware Workstation
- Thick and thin provisioning
- Install ESXi from a USB
- Steps to update VirtualBox
- Update ESXi
- ESXCLI commands
- Install Ubuntu on VirtualBox
- Remote control an Ubuntu
- Setting up VirtualBox
- About VMware Host Profile
- Create a Virtual Machine
- VMware vSphere 7
- About vSphere Web Client
- About VMware Data Protection
- About VMware vRealize Orchestrator
- The VM session was closed before any attempt to power it on: error code 0x80004005
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and VMware Horizon
- The comparison of Citrix and VMware
- 3-2-1 Backup Strategy for Data Safety
- Hyper-V Networking: How to Manage It
- VMware vSwitch
- VMware Network Adapter settings
- VMware snapshot best practices
- Hyper-V NIC Teaming
- VMware vSphere Replication
- Intel VT-x in BIOS: how to enable it?
- VMware Cloud Foundation
- How to use a shared folder properly: VirtualBox, VMware Workstation Player?
- Virtual Disk Service error occurs: your actions
- Result code: e_invalidarg (0x80070057) — how to deal with this error
- What should you do in case of ‘The hardware virtualization is enabled in the acceleration section’ issue?
- The best solutions for Virtual Machine in Windows 10