How to perform MTS file recovery
Here you will find out:
- what is the MTS video format
- how to restore the video
- how DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
About the MTS video file format
MTS video files are one of the highest video quality; no every other format can compete.
Most often, users use the MTS format in order to shoot a very necessary and important video on Samsung, Sony or Panasonic cameras. And the loss of such files can cost you a lot; that's why MTS file recovery is so important. Therefore, sit back and begin to study this article.
Then the lost MTS video (no matter for what reason) will be returned to you good as new!
How to increase chances for MTS file recovery?
MTS video file recovery is a sensitive topic and you should not neglect any tips.
This also applies to overwriting data. The more you use the gadget with the deleted video, the more likely you are to overwrite the data and permanently lose the video file. Conclusion: stop using the drive where the video was and start recovery as soon as possible; then the chances of MTS video file recovery will grow significantly.
MTS Recovery with DiskInternals Video Recovery
DiskInternals Video Recovery is a special application that helps you find a file of any format for video recovery (MTS format is included in this list).
Since the program is focused on video, you do not worry about limits on the amount of data that can be restored; it is almost unlimited. Users who are not particularly confident in their abilities can look to the Recovery Wizard, which will welcome you immediately when you open the program. Two versions of the product are available on the site: free (this is a trial version; it will familiarize you with the basics of the program and show the search results in Preview) and a full-featured paid one with the ability to save and technical support.
You can use DiskInternals Video Recovery and recover files from any hard drive, as well as removable storage. Try it and you won’t regret it!
How to Recover MTS Video Files
Guide for DiskInternals Video Recovery:
Download and install the application on your computer.
- 1. Open the program and click on the Wizard icon, or skip this step and continue the process yourself.
- 2. Select the storage where the scan will take place. (if this is a portable drive, do not forget to insert it into the card reader in advance).
- 3. You will be asked to mark those formats that will primarily be searched. Do this and proceed to the next step.
- 4. Click on the Next button. After that, the scanning will starts.
- 5. In a new window, preview the data found (this is a free feature).
- 6. You can save this data only after purchasing a license. This can be done online quickly and is not expensive.
How to not lose MTS video files in the future
- Backups! (having a copy, you would be a happy person and definitely would not fall into this situation).
- As an option, a disk image can be used (DiskInternals Video Recovery can help you, and all files from the disk will be in the disk image).
- Do not perform blind formatting of the storage (always check hidden files before doing so).
- Regularly check your system for viruses with a good antivirus program.
- Try to avoid the human factor: intelligently delete files and empty the trash.
Hope that in the future you will take these tips into account and they will help you to avoid the loss of any data.