Need to Compress MOV File? Here is How to Do It Safely
Here you will find out:
- how to compress MOV file
- when DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
MOV (.mov) videos are typically big; that is to say, they are usually big size videos, and they take up a lot of space on your storage drive. In a bid to reduce the video size, you will need to compress the file. Now, how do you compress .mov files?
Top Best Free MOV File Compressor Apps
1. VLC Player
The VLC Player software is freeware compatible with all Windows OS versions. It also supports all known video formats and codecs. You can use this freeware to compress your MOV video files following the steps below:
- Download and launch the program
- Click on Media >>> Convert/Save
- Import the .mov video file(s)
- Click the convert button to proceed
- Select the format you want to convert to (click on Profile)
- Choose where to save the converted file, and then click Start.
2. Use an Online Tool
There are quite a lot of free online file compressors; you can use them to compress your big-size MOV files. One of the best online MOV compressors is YouCompress.
- Open a web browser and visit https://www.youcompress.com
- Import the MOV video file
- The tool will automatically compress the file for you
How To Keep Your Video Files Safe
Videos are important media files you wouldn't want to lose. Yes, you can save them on your local storage, but chances are that the local storage drive could get corrupted, and you'd lose all the files in it. Undoubtedly, so many things can cause data loss; a PC user can mistakenly delete a folder, or even a partition containing various important files and documents. More so, viruses and malware can affect your PC and infect your files. To stay safe from all of this, it is important to regularly create backups.
When you backup your video files, even if the original files get corrupted or deleted, you will have access to the videos (from the backup copy). To backup your files, you need a software app. DiskInternals Video Recovery is an intuitive software app that lets you backup your video files and other files too.
It doubles as a video recovery solution, which implies you can use this software to get back all your lost videos. The software is easy to use, and you can create multiple backups for free.
How to Backup Your Video Files with DiskInternals Video Recovery
- Download and install the software on your Windows 10 computer.
- Launch the program after installation and close the Wizard, which would pop up automatically.
- Now, click on the disk (storage drive where the video files are saved). DiskInternals Video Recovery supports both internal (primary) and external (secondary) storage drives.
- Right-click on the selected drive and choose “Create Image.”
- You will need to choose an external drive to save the image file. Disk image files cannot be saved on the same drive you’re trying to backup.
- Follow the subsequent prompts to complete the process.
If you lost some videos before now, you can also use the DiskInternals Video Recovery software to get them back. However, video recovery with this software requires upgrading to the PRO version. Interestingly, this app can recover videos lost through accidental deletion, corrupt video files due to virus attacks, storage error, hardware malfunction, or connectivity errors.
- AVI Recovery: Recover AVI Files Right Now!
- How to Get Back Deleted Videos
- How to recover a deleted video
- How to Recover Deleted or Lost Movies
- Mp4 Recovery: All that you need to repair Mp4 file
- [Solved] 4K Video Recovery and All You Need for It
- Recover .3gp Video Files Effortless!
- Video error 0xc00d36c4? Fix it today!
- The best methods on how to recover webcam videos!
- Recover FLV video files effortless and fast!
- WMV file recovery - all you need to know
- Recover MKV files: everything you need to know
- WebM file recovery - make it today!
- Recover Deleted MTS Video Files on Windows
- MOV vs MP4: what is more practical?
- How to perform MPG recovery? Find out it here!
- How to retrieve deleted videos?
- If Your PS4 Won't Turn On
- How to recover files from DJI Drone
- If you get Video memory management internal error
- 4 Ways to Recover Deleted or Lost PS4 Video Games
- How to Fix Music Video Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10
- If you have video lagging
- What is the missing codec error 0xc00d5212?
- What is an .swf file?
- How to edit your MP4 and prevent dealing harm to it?
- Workable guide on how to convert MKV to MP4?
- If you get 0xc10100be error
- 0xc00d36e5 error occurs: your actions
- Fix ‘Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file’ issue
- 0xc10100bf error occurs: your actions?
- How to recover deleted videos from Windows 7
- What is H.264 video files and how to restore it
- How to Recover Deleted Videos from a Laptop
- If Audio and video going out of sync on Windows 10
- Mp4 repair: restore your favorite videos
- MXF video recovery: all you need to know
- Recover Deleted Videos from SD card
- Recover deleted videos YouTube
- Deleted GoPro video? Recover GoPro Files Today!
- Use this Services to Convert MP3 to MP4 Without Harming the file
- Use These Services to Convert WebM to MP4 Without harming the file
- Make Sure Your Data is Safe While Editing MP3 Files With the Best Trimmers For Windows
- How to extract audio from video. Top-3 services
- Best iMovie Alternatives For Windows
- Adult Content Detection
- Here is How to Deal with the Most Common Windows Movie Maker Problems
- Here is How to Remove Audio From Video
- How to rotate a video in Windows 10
- Here is How to Convert MKV Files
- Here is how to convert AVI to MP4 safely