Need to Convert MKV Files? Here is How to Do It
Here you will find out:
- how to Convert MKV Files
- when DiskInternals can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
There are lots of video formats, including popular formats like MP4, MOV, and AVI. However, among all known video formats, MP4 is the most versatile option, and most media playback devices support this format. In contrast, MKV is not a video format, instead, it's a "multimedia container format."
The MKV format can combine audio, video, and subtitles all into a single file. MKV is really a universal format, but it’s not supported by many devices. Hence, you may need to convert your MKV file to MOV or MP4 before it can play on your device.
Best Way To Convert MKV Files: Using VLC
Whether you use a MacBook or a Windows PC, the VLC player is compatible with all popular operating systems. Simply visit the website videolan.org and download the version for your PC. Afterward, follow the steps below:
- Launch VLC player.
- Click on “File” (if you use a MacBook) or “Media” (if you use a Windows PC).
- Select Convert/Stream(Save).
- Import the MKV video file and choose a format to convert to (click the dropdown box beside “Profile” to select a format).
- Now, click OK or Start to convert the MKV file to your selected format.
How to Keep Your Video Files Safe?
One best way to keep your video files safe is to back them up on an external drive. Basically, you can copy a video file to another storage, but what happens when you have to deal with many videos with cumulative gigabytes? This is where a video backup solution comes into play.
With a typical video backup tool, you can save all your video files in a safe place. DiskInternals Video Recovery is a professional software tool that lets you backup your videos freely. It also supports video recovery, which implies that you can use this tool to get back all your lost/deleted video files.
Features of DiskInternals Video Recovery
- Built-in Wizard for video recovery
- Recovers lost video files from cameras, storage drives, and memory card
- Supports all known Windows file system
- Supports all known video codecs and formats
How to Backup Your Videos With DiskInternals Video Recovery
- Download and install the software on your PC.
- Launch it and close the Wizard that will pop-up automatically.
- Select the storage drive where your video files are saved.
- Right-click on the drive and select “Create Image.”
- Choose a directory and save the backup file.
Interestingly, you can use DiskInternals Video Recovery to retrieve your lost videos - that’s the main function of this software.
Recover Lost Video Files
- Launch DiskInternals Video Recovery and follow the Wizard.
- Choose the drive where video files were previously saved (before they were deleted, corrupted, or lost due to malware attack.
- Wait for the scanning to complete, and you'll see your lost video files (they'll be marked with a red asterisk).
- AVI Recovery: Recover AVI Files Right Now!
- How to Get Back Deleted Videos
- How to recover a deleted video
- How to Recover Deleted or Lost Movies
- Mp4 Recovery: All that you need to repair Mp4 file
- [Solved] 4K Video Recovery and All You Need for It
- Recover .3gp Video Files Effortless!
- Video error 0xc00d36c4? Fix it today!
- The best methods on how to recover webcam videos!
- Recover FLV video files effortless and fast!
- WMV file recovery - all you need to know
- Recover MKV files: everything you need to know
- WebM file recovery - make it today!
- Recover Deleted MTS Video Files on Windows
- MOV vs MP4: what is more practical?
- How to perform MPG recovery? Find out it here!
- How to retrieve deleted videos?
- If Your PS4 Won't Turn On
- How to recover files from DJI Drone
- If you get Video memory management internal error
- 4 Ways to Recover Deleted or Lost PS4 Video Games
- How to Fix Music Video Error 0xc00d36b4 on Windows 10
- If you have video lagging
- What is the missing codec error 0xc00d5212?
- What is an .swf file?
- How to edit your MP4 and prevent dealing harm to it?
- Workable guide on how to convert MKV to MP4?
- If you get 0xc10100be error
- 0xc00d36e5 error occurs: your actions
- Fix ‘Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file’ issue
- 0xc10100bf error occurs: your actions?
- How to recover deleted videos from Windows 7
- What is H.264 video files and how to restore it
- How to Recover Deleted Videos from a Laptop
- If Audio and video going out of sync on Windows 10
- Mp4 repair: restore your favorite videos
- MXF video recovery: all you need to know
- Recover Deleted Videos from SD card
- Recover deleted videos YouTube
- Deleted GoPro video? Recover GoPro Files Today!
- Use this Services to Convert MP3 to MP4 Without Harming the file
- Use These Services to Convert WebM to MP4 Without harming the file
- Make Sure Your Data is Safe While Editing MP3 Files With the Best Trimmers For Windows
- How to extract audio from video. Top-3 services
- Best iMovie Alternatives For Windows
- Adult Content Detection
- Here is How to Deal with the Most Common Windows Movie Maker Problems
- Here is How to Remove Audio From Video
- How to rotate a video in Windows 10
- Here is How to Compress MOV File
- Here is how to convert AVI to MP4 safely