PDF Files Won't Open? Fix it Now!
In this article you will find out:
- how to fix this issue
- how to protect your data
Are you ready? Let's read!
1. Bring Adobe Acrobat App Up to Date
If you haven't updated Adobe Acrobat in a long time and are using an outdated version of the application, it is unlikely to be able to open all your PDF files. Please be aware that Adobe regularly releases updates to its Acrobat and Reader applications.
Therefore, visit the official website Adobe, select the Acrobat application, the current OS version, and click the Download Now button. After downloading and installing the application on your computer, all conflicts with your system will be settled. In addition, with the new update, you will get stable and secure operation of the application Adobe Acrobat.
2. Turn Off Protection
Try Disabling Protected Mode at startup, according to user experience - it helps to fix the PDF file Won't Open problem.
To do this, open the Reader, on the taskbar, click the Change button. Go to the Edit menu and open Preferences. Select the Security Enhancement category, then go to the section Sandbox Protection and disable Protected Mode at startup. The problem will most likely be resolved, and you will be able to open the problematic PDF file.
3. Use a Previous Version of the App
If PDF files were created by third-party products, you will not always be able to open them on your PC with Windows 10.
Because these files are often not up to standard PDF specification, they cannot be opened in Adobe Acrobat / Reader.
Another problem is this: newer versions of Adobe Acrobat or Reader are strict enough that when using the latest version, you will not be able to open the PDF file that you used to open in the older version of the application.
If this is your case, then you should revert to an earlier version of Acrobat or Reader, then you will be able to open the problematic PDF file. First you need to uninstall your version of Reader or Acrobat and then install the older version of the app. Then try opening a previously inaccessible file.
4. Repair Tool
If the previous methods did not help improve the situation Adobe Acrobat Will Not Open Windows 10, it’s possible the application itself is damaged. Therefore, you need to repair the application as follows:
Open the program and select the Help tab. Then just click on the option Restore the Installation of the Program and wait for the completion of the process. Now, reopen Adobe Acrobat and try opening the PDF files.
If that doesn't work, make sure your operating system recognizes the PDF format.
Otherwise, you can use another application to open similar files. For example, Microsoft Edge easily opens PDF-files and in general this program is able to read the default PDF-files.
Make Sure Your PDF is Safe!
DiskInternals Uneraser™ is best suited for file recovery. Thanks to a simple and intuitive interface, users can use the application even without additional skills. The software can perform damaged PDF recovery on Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP and even older versions of Windows operating systems.
DiskInternals Uneraser™ works with hard drives, solid state drives, flash drives and memory cards (including SD cards, SDHC, SDXC, etc.). Before purchasing a license, try the free version of the software. Only after making sure your PDF files are recovered will you need to purchase a license for this product. You only need to follow the step by step instructions described below.
Once you've lost your files, it's best not to write anything else to this disc, no matter how difficult it is. If you do this, the data will be overwritten and you will lose your PDFs forever. Therefore, for best results, try to repair corrupted PDF files immediately.
Recover your lost PDF file with DiskInternals Uneraser as follows:
1. Download DiskInternals Uneraser™ PDF Recovery Tool.
2. Run the program and click Next as many times as necessary to install the software.
3. Open DiskInternals Uneraser™ and left-click on the wizard - click Next.
4. Select the drive containing the PDF file with the left mouse button. Click Next.
5. Then select the type of file you want to recover, in this case, you need to repair corrupted PDF files.
6. Scan the disk. It will take some time.
7. As a result, you will see files that can be recovered. They will be marked with a red cross in the upper left corner.
8. Preview. Right-click the file and select Preview in New Window' or press the Ctrl + P hotkeys. Recovery will happen automatically.
10. To save the found files, just purchase a license and enter a license key.
- Here is How to Use Word to JPG Converter Safely
- Here is How to Recover Deleted Files on Android Phone
- 3 Tips on How to Find Deleted iMessages
- Here is How to Protect Your SKP Format Files
- What option should you choose to set up allocation unit size while formatting SD card?
- Guide: Convert M4B to MP3
- Here is how to convert MOV to GIF
- A device attached to the system is not functioning: fix
- Guide: convert AVI to GIF
- What to do if the Process System isn't responding?
- Here is how to resize an image in Gimp safely
- How to convert DDS to PNG
- What OTG connection is? How to use it?
- What to do if iPhone photos disappeared?
- Here is how to convert AIFF to MP3
- [Solved] The system cannot find the file specified
- The difference between SDHC and SDXC
- ‘The device is not ready’ error occurs: your actions
- Windows 10: Optimization for SSD
- File system error (-2147219196) occurs: your actions?
- What if Windows 10 apps won't open?
- How to clear cache in Windows 10?
- Here is how to convert M4A to WAV safely
- What to do if Gimp eraser is not working?
- What to Do if SD Card Needs to Be Formatted?
- Top Free Photo Editing Software for Windows 10
- What to do if Photoshop says it is not a PNG file?
- How to Restore Deleted/Lost Files from Seagate Drive?
- Here is How to Convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word Document
- How to Convert PDF to JPG in Windows 10
- How to access Device Manager in Windows 10?
- Format a USB drive to a new file system
- When screensavers don’t work
-  Recycle Bin is corrupted in Windows? Fix it!
- DiskInternals unique technology for recovering deleted files and deleted folders
- Recover USB Files Without Formatting
- How to recover deleted photos from an SD card on an Android phone
- Recover NEF files: perform it fast and easy!
- How to perform 3DS SD card formation
- Recover an SD card files using CMD
- Fix the Issue: Recovery D Drive is Almost Full on Windows 10
- How to recover deleted files from a memory card
- How to recover deleted files on SD cards
- How to recover photos from a formatted SD card
- How to fix a damaged SD card
- BMP file recovery: restore deleted .bmp files now!
- OGG File Recovery - All You Need is Here
- SD card deleted file recovery
- Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
- Recover .jpg Files - All You Need to Know
- Hard Disk Full But No Files
- Invalid value for registry on JPG/JPEG/PNG files? Fix it!
- Let’s fix ‘SD card won't format’ issue
- Incremental vs differential backup - what is the difference
- How to recover a deleted file
- Recover memory card
- Undelete files. Undelete zip. Unerase rar. Restore CAB files
- Recover Deleted Audio, Video and movies: mp3, wav, wma, avi, mov, mpg
- Recover Deleted Word documents - Recover Deleted Excel documents - Undelete documents
- Recover Deleted PDF Files: A Step-by-Step Guide
- The Best Solution for USB Flash Drive Repair
- Recover Illustrator files today!
- Need to Recover deleted TIFF files? It's easy!
- Recover Unsaved or Deleted PSD Files Today!
- Accidentally formatted SD card
- Perform GIF recovery: all you need is here!
- The semaphore timeout period has expired error
- Deleted or lost PNG image? Recover it today!
- Desktop location is not available? Use these simple and practical solutions!
- Recover permanently deleted files from a PC
- Guide: How to recover deleted files in Windows 7
- USB error code 43? You can easily solve it!
- Can you fix a corrupted micro SD card?
- Damaged SD Card Recovery
- Deleted photos? Recovery is possible!
- CF Card Recovery - All That You Wanted to Know
- How to fix a corrupted SD card
- File recovery from SSDs
- The Device is Unreachable? Fix 0x80070141 Error Now!
- How to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10
- How to Repair a Damaged SD Card without Formatting
- How to change the file extension in Windows 10, 8, 7: a guide
- exFAT vs NTFS comparison
- Here is everything you need to know about TF Card
- How to recover deleted music files? Only workable solutions
- Here is everything you need to know to recover shift deleted files
- Here is everything you need to know to recover overwritten files
- Screenshot recovery
- Recover Hidden Files in USB Drive - 4 Great Methods!
- Unsupported SD card and how to fix it
- [Solved] USB drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting? Use this guide
- How to fix no audio output device is installed error in windows 10
- Recover an orphaned file
- How to get back old photos
- Recover a USB Stick That Wants to be Formatted
- Solution to recover deleted photos on Windows 10
- Windows 10 can't open JPG file? 5 Methods to fix it!
- Unformat SD Cards at Home: how to do it safe
- Retrieve lost game data on Steam
- How to Defrag(Optimize) an External Hard Drive
- If You Cannot Delete the Folder
- SD Card Music Recovery: All You Need to Know
- How to recover deleted Skype messages
- Did your files were deleted by Avast Antivirus? Recover them!
- The program can't start because msvcr110.dll is missing
- How to Fix Windows kb4023057 Update Issue
- SD Card Recovery
- Recover deleted photos from SD card
- How to save a damaged SD card effortless?
- Photo Recovery From SD Card
- Recover Formatted SD Card
- How to recover files from a corrupted micro SD card
- Hard drive file recovery process
- Recover an InDesign File - All You Wanted to Know
- Best methods on how to fix JPEG error #53 are here
- Defrag SSD: Is it worth it?
- Cannot open volume for direct access
- Recovering Permanently Deleted Files: Possible or Not?
- How to read a corrupted SD card
- How to recover deleted files from external hard drive
- PDF Recovery: how to restore a corrupted PDF file
- Undelete files in Windows 10: fast and effortless
- Windows 10 Sticky Notes Missing
- Wsappx lead to high CPU usage? Fix the issue!
- Recover digital photographs and graphics, Undelete pictures
- Having Bad Image Error on Windows 10? Fix It!
- If Windows resource protection found corrupt files
- How to Speed Up Windows 10? Find the Solution!
- Do You Need to Defragment a Hard Drive in Windows10?
- [Win] Failed to Transfer Logged Messages with Status 50 Issue
- Device Descriptor Request Failed? Fix It!
- [Windows7] How to Free Up My Disk Space
- Provide flash Drive Recovery Today!
- 6 Ways of How to Transfer Files from PC to PC
- Perform WebP file recovery today!
- What is ORF file and how to recover it
- DNG file and how to recover it
- How to free up disk space? Find out it today!
- Recover Lost Photos Right Now!
- SVG file recovery with Uneraser
-  Best way to backup photos
- [Solved!]What to do if File Explorer keeps opening
- What are EPS files and how to restore them
- The computer is low on memory? You can fix it!
- For what Windows old folder needs? How to delete it?
- The file is too big for the destination file system
- SD card corrupted? Recover it!
- [Solved] How to get pictures off a broken phone
- Windows 8: recover deleted photos
- If external hard drive not working or responding
- Deleted MP3 file: a recovery guide
- How to undelete files on Mac file system
- Desktop icons missing? Recover them and your files!
- Windows 10 slow? Solve the problem!
- Recover deleted photos on Windows 7 today
- Make SDHC Card Recovery Today!
- How to undelete files in Windows 7/8/10
- Guide: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8
- How to make Cr2 File Recovery by yourself
- [Solved] Command Prompt keeps popping up? Stop it!
- An Issue: Windows could not complete the installation
- An application was unable to start? Fix the 0xc000007b error!
- Fix the Issue: Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed
- [Error] HP Laptop Has a Black Screen
- How to Upgrade Windows10 From 32-Bit to 64-Bit Safely
- If the external hard drive keeps disconnecting in Windows 10
- If your hard drive shows up in Disk Management
- Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation
- What if Windows 10 Keyboard is Not Working
- Windows 10 mouse lag
- If you have problems with Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers
- When Alt-Tab is not working
- How to fix corrupted memory card
- If you get an audio lag issue in Windows 10
- 'Class not registered' Issue on Windows 10? Use only the best methods!
- Testimonials for Uneraser
- [Solved!] Undelete files and how you can do it