When you use a computer on a daily basis, your valuable data is at risk. It doesn’t matter how careful you are, because all your information can be deleted accidentally. The disk partitions have the same amount of risk as other data on the computer. Many people doubt the fact that the partition can be erased accidentally, but there are many factors that could result in undesirable consequences. The most common reason for partition erasure is virus attacks. Fortunately, the DiskInternals Partition Recovery™ Wizard can help in case you need to recover partitions.
Know More about Partition Recovery
The most common reasons for data loss are:
- Accidental file erasure
- Virus attack
- Power outage
- Erroneous partitioning
The DiskInternals Partition Recovery™ Wizard is an easy solution for resolving partition and data loss.
Recover Lost or Deleted Partitions with Partition Recovery™ Wizard
Have your files or boot records been deleted? Have your partitions or master boot records been damaged somehow and are you looking for an instant solution?
The DiskInternals Partition Recovery™ Wizard is the tool that can restore either the whole data array or one lost partition. Consider this tool to be your magic wand, allowing you to recover disk partitions instantly. Below, you will find the recovery guide for your lost or damaged partitions.
Recovering a Lost Partition on Windows PCs
The DiskInternals Partition Recovery™ Wizard has built-in instructions for HDD partition recovery. This process runs automatically when the Wizard is launched.
Every step of the data recovery process will be seen on your screen. The DiskInternals Partition Recovery™ Wizard can be launched in various modes for a variety of file systems, like:
- In Read mode: ReFS, NTFS, XFS, ZFS, FAT (FAT12, 16, 32), exFAT, Ext2/3/4, HFS (HFS, HFS+), ReiserFS, Reiser4
- Uneraser mode: ReFS, NTFS, XFS, ZFS, FAT (FAT12, 16, 32), exFAT, Ext2/3/4, HFS (HFS, HFS+), ReiserFS, Reiser4
- Recovers lost partitions formatted in:NTFS, ReFS, FAT, Ext2/3/4
The Wizard will look up every disk sector and search for the data that can be recovered. In the end, it will provide you with a list of files and partitions that can be restored. After the scan is finished, the Wizard will try to recover all the information to the location you have chosen beforehand. It’s obligatory to choose a location that differs from the initial storage location.
Partition Recovery™ Wizard on Macs
The partition data recovery process will run in almost the same way on the Mac, but it requires the Parallels Desktop application to be installed on your Mac to launch. Parallels Desktop ensures the recovery process will run exactly the way it runs on a Windows PC.
Step-By-Step-Guide to Recover Lost or Deleted Partitions
- 1. Start the deleted or damaged partition data recovery by running the DiskInternals Partition Recovery™ Wizard.
- 2. Select the type of the file system where all your data was stored. Then run the scanning process and wait until your information becomes available.
- 3. After the Wizard is launched, click on the “Next” button, go to the “Physical Drives” section, and select the appropriate HDD disk.
- 4. Then run the automatic partition undelete process, go through a couple of simple steps, and just wait until your data will become available.
During this process, the Partition Recovery™ Wizard by DiskInternals will look for the deleted or lost partitions that are located within the hard drive. First, it will show if there is a possibility to restore partition, and only then will you be able to select the partition to recover. In case you need to go through a couple of disks, restart the Partition Recovery™ Wizard by DiskInternals and go through each disk volume one by one.
These simple instructions were made to help you keep your data safe and avoid the necessity of partition data recovery. If you have any troubles when using the tool, turn to the Partition Recovery™ by Diskinternals support team. Take care!